Risk Analyst - Operations
- neg + bonus + pension+ gym+ family health, dental care+ fully sub kitchens
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Susquehanna International Group
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
we have a superb opportunity for an individual with a keen interest in the financial markets to gain exposure within a true front office trading environment. You will be joining an expanding team with a focus on Risk, Capital and Collateral Management. The role involves working closely with the trading desks, compliance, middle office teams and IT developers all of which are in the same building meaning seamless communication and a fast paced environment.
SIG is one of the largest securities trading organizations in the United States and has a staff of over 1,300 professionals devoted to institutional sales, trading, research, and information technology. Formed in 1987 with a staff of 25, SIG has evolved into a global organization active in the markets of over 20 countries on 5 continents. We currently have offices in Philadelphia, Bala Cynwyd, New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Sydney, and Dublin. In 1999, SIG opened its European headquarters in Dublin, where it currently employs more than 450 staff in trading, quantitative research, technology, operations, compliance, legal and accounting.
Due to our continued growth and expansion we have a superb opportunity for an individual with a keen interest in the financial markets to gain exposure within a true front office trading environment. You will be joining an expanding team with a focus on Risk, Capital and Collateral Management. The role involves working closely with the trading desks, compliance, middle office teams and IT developers all of which are in the same building meaning seamless communication and a fast paced environment. Working closely with third party clearing firms and exchanges to understand their risk models will give you an opportunity to build an excellent knowledge of the vast range of products traded by SIG and also the workings of all international markets in which we operate. As part of an operational risk team which operates in a flexible and entrepreneurial environment, you will participate in various projects that include process evaluation and project planning.
In the role you will:
- Daily review and analysis of Prime Broker risk numbers
- Management and payment of margin calls
- Negotiation and analysis of Prime Broker Margin methodologies
- Daily monitoring and analysis trading impacts on Exchange margin
- Calculation of firm’s market exposure in line with regulatory constraints under CAD (CRD IV)
- Daily reporting of all trade activity for EU regulation EMIR.
- Analysis of regulatory environment
- Participate in process re-design, systems development and process improvement
- On boarding of New Prime Broker accounts, exchanges and traded products.
- Examine and implement the most cost effective allocation of capital within risk constraints.
- Identify and analyse areas of potential operational risk and associated costs.
- Daily Management Reporting
What we're looking for:
- 3rd level degree, preferably in a business or finance related discipline;
- Industry experiences an advantage;
- Strong desire to learn and ability to use own initiative is essential;
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills are essential;
- Knowledge of and an interest in financial markets;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Access;
- Exposure to programming languages (VBA, SQL, C++, C# or python) is desirable but not essential;
- Strong communicator (verbal and written);
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills; including effective troubleshooting in a fast paced, time critical environment;
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritize.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.