Recruitment Manager | Risk & Compliance
Risk - Asset Manager - Dublin
Leading global asset management group with a significant and growing presence in Dublin is seeking to appoint a new Risk Manager to develop and grow their team in Dublin that manages the company’s risk profile, focusing on both operational and investment risk.
This is a superb opportunity to join a renowned brand in the asset management sector.
The successful person will be responsible for controlling, reporting and analysis of the risk management framework of the Company with focus across both investment and operational risk management.
- Performing the Fund Risk Frameworks controls, ensuring risk framework adherence across the relevant risk categories (market, credit, liquidity risk etc) and that risk measurement techniques and reporting are correctly developed and applied
- Controlling, reporting and maintenance of the investment risk controls and reports to include, Absolute VaR, Relative VaR, Commitment approach, Stress Tests and/or Scenario Analysis
- Act as first point of contact for review and challenge of CIO team’s interpretation and application of the risk frameworks and controlling on the outcomes
- Responsible for day to day risk control activities related to operational risk inherent in activities, processes and systems, including as part of the risk & control self-assessment process
- Establishment and implementation of processes to regularly monitor Operational Risk profiles and material exposures to losses, including development of relevant metrics
- Assist the CRO in preparation and running of the Risk Committee, including review of the agenda, compiling and delivering content and preparation of minutes;
- Preparing risk reports to the CEO, the Board of Director’s and to the Group CRO Function as necessary
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a related field such as Economics/Finance/Mathematics
- Ideally at least 3 or 4 years of financial services experience, preferably gained in a risk or asset management context
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of UCITS regulations (advantageous)
- Professional certifications such as FRM, PRM or CFA would be an advantage
Interested parties should click the APPLY button to direct a copy of their CV to John Ennis of Paragon Executive for immediate consideration.