Senior Analyst - Trade Management Services Equity
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
Department overview Investment Services & Fund Accounting (ISFA) is the operational backbone of Fidelity International, crucial to the accurate, timely and efficient administration of our funds.
Investment Services & Fund Accounting (ISFA) is the operational backbone of Fidelity International, crucial to the accurate, timely and efficient administration of our funds. Located in several global locations, including Dublin, we provide the middle and back office functions for the company ranging from trade settlement, corporate action processing and NAV generation, through to the production of reports and accounts for our funds. In an industry that is becoming ever more complex it's essential that we are able to be creative and adaptable in the services and solutions we offer. With this in mind, our mission is to add value in every aspect of investment administration by delivering excellent service with a combination of innovative flexible solutions, outstanding knowledge resources and total commitment to our company goals.
We achieve this by:
- Providing a challenging and rewarding environment for our people
- Working with customers on timely, cost effective and creative solutions
- Constantly improving customer service delivery with strategic, scalable solutions in a risk-controlled environment
Within ISFA, Trade Management Services (TMS) are responsible for all aspects of Post Trade Operations across the Equity, Fund, Fixed Income, FX / Money Market, and Derivative asset classes. The team also has responsibility for Collateral and oversight of the Stock Lending programme. TMS process in excess of 120,000 trades per month seeking to maximise efficiency, minimise Operational risks whilst constantly evolving the Operational model. The global range of Fidelity's products and services expose the team to the full spectrum of Post Trade Operations across the breadth of the world's markets.
The equity team within TMS are responsible for processing all trades executed by the London trading desk predominantly across the European, US and Latin American markets, whilst also taking over any issues that are unresolved at the close of business in Asia, as part of the follow the Sun model. The team are responsible for all aspects of the Post Trade Operational life cycle: Trade capture; Confirmation; Pre settlement matching; Fails management and the resolution of cash and stock reconciliations.
What you'll do
The Senior Analyst role within TMS equity is responsible for performing all daily tasks in a timely and accurate manner, meeting the requirements of the 12:00 & 17:00 valuation points. The Senior Analyst will help Analysts with daily processing issues, offering guidance and sharing their experiences.
The Senior Analyst will conduct testing as required in order help the team implement change and new products.
What you can expect
- Performing daily tasks to ensure:
- All trades are captured in accordance with internal deadlines
- All trades are confirmed on Trade date
- All trades are communicated to the Custodian via SWIFT
- All trades are Pre Matched in accordance with market deadlines
- All Failing trades are captured and investigated
- All cash and stock breaks are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Liaise with Brokers, Custodians and Trading desks to resolve day to day processing issues
- Perform system testing as and when required.
Who you are
The successful candidate will currently be working in a Post Trade Operations role and be familiar with the key day to day Operational lifecycle and processes. The successful candidate will be keen to develop their experience and knowledge in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of the Operational processes across equity markets.
- A basic understanding of SWIFT messaging and the differing market requirements.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own time.
- Awareness of Investment Management Operations and the connection to asset servicing and NAV production.
- Familiar with Omgeo Central Trade Manager, Alert.
- Ability to manipulate data using Excel.
- Developing Industry knowledge and awareness
- Ability to explain processes and issues
- Takes ownership for own workload
- Shows initiative and desire to learn tasks