Senior Business Control Specialist
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
Senior Business Control Specialist
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President (AVP)
Line of Business: Global Markets Operations
Bank of America Merrill Lynch are hiring for a Senior Business Control Specialist to join Global Markets Operations as part of our Operations Risk & Quality Assurance team in our Dublin office.
Operations Risk & Quality Assurance is responsible for demonstrating, monitoring and managing the effectiveness and adequacy of the risk and control environment supporting Global Onboarding, Client Services and Pre-Trade Activities and Securities Core Trading Operations within Global Markets Operations.
The role is responsible for providing holistic risk governance by ensuring full transparency and consistency across the risk management practices. It also drives Risk Culture initiative to sustain effective risk management in line with the overall enterprise Risk Framework to support 'responsible growth'.
As a Senior Business Control Specialist your main responsibilities will involve:
- Provide horizontal oversight of all risk issues and events through reporting and routines
- Work closely with other control partners and standardise risk management processes to ensure consistent approach is taken across the organisation
- Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis on risk issues and events to Operations leadership team to drive risk-based decisions to strengthen control environment
- Coordinate self-assessments / attestations to ensure timeliness and completeness as well as monitor any remediation required
- Design and implement risk culture initiative to continue to drive awareness across the organisation
As a Senior Business Control Specialist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) to be able to drive and influence risk-based decisions
- Excellent people / stakeholder management skills at all levels of seniority
- Good analytical skills, attention to details and objective problem solver
- Ability to work independently and be results driven whilst being a good team player
- Positive and motivated to perform in an diverse environment where the type of work will regularly change
- Proven track record of improving processes and demonstrating successful teamwork
- Knowledgeable in Global Markets products or support functions (desirable)
- Private healthcare coverage
- Pension plan - 6% of base salary (we match employees contributions up to a maximum of 12%, or 15% after 15 years' service)
- Life assurance
- 25 days' vacation (ability to flex down or up with manager approval)
- Health screen
- Group income protection
- Personal accident insurance
- As a valued member of our team you will also be eligible for a number of optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, dental cover, retail vouchers and reduced costs on selected leisure and entertainment.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.