Senior Business Development - Investment Management
We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us. Our people are our greatest asset: highly skilled, engaged and productive teams are critical to our success. We hire talented and diverse employees that are aligned with our commitment to help our clients, as well as the millions of people who depend on them, maintain financial security. We insist on, and reward, performance excellence.
We want to help you to build a fulfilling career, aiming to be the employer of choice by offering great compensation, development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills. Role Background
State Street Global Advisors is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $2.8 trillion in assets (as of 30 September 2018). SSGA Ireland benefits from a long-standing and significant presence in this marketplace.
The Account Executive is responsible for developing and leading our relationships with clients, prospects, consultants, trustees and key influencers. You will operate in the Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution and Intermediary space which are the traditional segments of our business. In addition and a key aspect of this role will be to identify and explore new segments/channels for our business in Ireland. You will improve the SSGA value proposition in the Irish market, and building our presence, visibility, identity and net new revenue within each channel (both existing and new).
Reporting to the Head of Distribution Ireland, you will be integral to our client management and business development activities. You will be responsible for managing a number of our client relationships but the clear focus of this role will be to develop new lines of business and new opportunities for SSGA Ireland. You will be responsible for progressing these opportunities through to conversion. Major Responsibilities
Your Ideal Experience
- Provide leadership to deepen and expand as appropriate the firm's existing list of prospects, clients and consultants. There focus will be on developing new channels and segments for SSGA Ireland.
- Develop and execute business development strategies and implementation plans.
- Develop and maintain key market relationships that support market knowledge required to support SSGA's footprint and opportunistic alignment for the Irish market.
- Ability to articulate investment process, products and vehicles clearly and engage in a solutions oriented dialogue.
- Be regarded as a trusted advisor to our clients and prospects, helping the firm to remain aware of both long-term trends as well as shifts in tactics by both consultants and investors across channels.
- Deliver against revenue targets as determined by the Head of Distribution both on an individual and team basis.
- Developing strong working partnerships with your sales peers in EMEA and globally to ensure the best methodologies are utilised in our client facing approach and marketplace activities.
Your Personal Characteristics
- You will exhibit success in previous asset management roles with a particular emphasis on business development.
- The role will include setting sales strategy, defining product priorities, responding to divergences from target, handling sales effectiveness and overcoming organisational hurdles to achieve sales excellence.
- You can demonstrate significant success in working with sophisticated institutional and intermediary clients and consultants on identifying and solving for a wide range of investment challenges and objectives. Ideally this would include knowledge about investment theory, market and economic trends and events, local and global competitor differentiators, and developing client needs.
- The seniority of the role requires a level of executive presence and the knowledge and stature to deliver advice in a way that will be respected and incorporated by senior leadership.
- You should have the aptitude to think and act globally, harmonizing global, regional and local objectives. A highly developed sense of judgment and the ability to balance business needs in an objective and practical way is critical.
- You will possess a demonstrable extensive network of relationships across the Irish asset management community and a strong reputation for understanding and meeting the needs of clients, consultants and prospects.
- You have strong ethics and integrity; agenda-free approach, with a strong risk radar and dedicated approach to resolve issues
- You are confident and credible to achieve consensus with both internal and external parties, with well-rounded communication skills to enable articulation of complex matters in straight-forward manner
- It is vital that the individual has the proven ability to form constructive relationships with senior management and be recognized as a partner and resource by all.
- You will have a proven record of success with the financial services industry with asset management experience strongly desired.
- You are a good influencer and have strong partnering skills.
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.