Senior Financial Accounting Consultant - IFRS Specialist
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
The main responsibility of the role is to manage the production of the monthly IFRS accounts and the annual financial statements prepared by the IFRS team. As the IFRS subject matter expert the successful candidate will be required to provide guidance and advice on all IFRS matters both to local teams and across EMEA. Specific to IFRS9 the candidate will represent EMEA on the Wells Fargo Group Council. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the coordination of the annual external audit and the preparation and review of the monthly IFRS reporting packs. The role will also include managing a team of accounting professionals Responsibilities:
- As the local IFRS subject matter expert provide guidance and advice on all IFRS matters. Ensure the team is kept up to date with all new standards. Liaise with the Group Accounting policy team to ensure all interpretations are documented appropriately for WFBI.
- Responsible for the IFRS 9 financial calculations, monitoring and assessments including the preparation of the Quarterly IFRS9 paper for the WFBI Board, in co-ordination with the credit risk department and Lines of Business.
- EMEA Controller representative on the Wells Fargo Group Council for IFRS 9.
- Oversee and review the monthly IFRS financial statements including determination and recording of entries to convert from US GAAP to IFRS prepared by the IFRS team.
- Responsible for the management and implementation of new accounting standards under US GAAP and IFRS specific to WFBI UC.
- Preparations and presentation of accounting memos and slides to Senior Management and/or Audit Committee.
- Review the monthly financial reporting package, including analysis of variances from budget, expenses and yields prepared by the IFRS team.
- Manage and develop the IFRS team to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of all IFRS reporting.
- Support the local regulatory reporting team in the compilation of the FINREP return.
- Responsible for the management and coordination of the annual external audit, including interaction with auditors, preparation of statements and notes, identification and resolution of new requirements and issues.
- Responsible for the coordination and review of CRR disclosures, country by country reporting, in consultation with the appointed external auditors.
- Preparation and presentation of the Finance ALCO slides to the committee.
- Coordination of the Audit committee, including the preparation of the agenda, Finance submissions.
- Responsible for the analysis of financial statements and trends, to ensure accuracy of recorded results.
- Liaise with other functions and group level to ensure accuracy of reporting, providing solutions to any issues raised.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Qualified ACA or ACCA accountant with extensive post qualification experience
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS in particular IFRS9
- Comprehensive experience with preparation and review of external financial statements and liaising with auditors
- Have relevant experience in a banking or financial services accounting or reporting function. Strong knowledge of banking products
- Team player with strong advocacy and interpersonal skills
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.