Senior Risk Manager - Ireland
About the opportunity Department Description Risk - Ireland
The Ireland Risk Function oversees the application and management oversight of Fidelity's Group and local risk framework, risk appetite, risk taxonomy, governance, policy & procedures and risk culture. This includes Financial, Investment Market risk, Capital Assessments, Operational risk, Change risk and the associated oversight and challenge processes in relation to functional and operational processes based in Ireland. The Ireland Risk Function forms part of the Group Risk second line function overseeing the various Ireland based business areas to ensure Fidelity International manages its risk profile within defined risk appetite. The Global Risk team is both locally and internationally based and covers all facets of risk management including enterprise risk, strategic, financial, investment & market risk, and operational risk. Future additional growth is anticipated driven by the future expansion of operational activities in Ireland, growth in the Fidelity Fund ranges and product offerings and the location of certain activities in Ireland. Accordingly, as part of this growth the Risk Function is now expanding and wishes to recruit for a key individual to join the function, based in Dublin, Ireland. Purpose of your role
There are a number of Fidelity Corporate entities based in Ireland, and the Senior Risk Manager Ireland role will have responsibility for supporting the Chief Risk Officer/Head of Risk Ireland, as part of the second line risk function, for oversight and application of the Fidelity International risk framework.
The individual will support and manage the execution of risk oversight at the Fidelity Ireland office, providing proactive risk management challenge, governance oversight and supporting risk reporting to the Board level risk committees and risk forums primarily for the Asset Management Operations (AMO) business in Ireland together with support for certain other Fidelity business areas (such as Product Development, Program Projects, together with other business support areas) within the Fidelity Dublin and international business.
The role will work closely with the Fidelity Group Risk and other oversight functions across the Fidelity International business (Ireland, UK, and Europe) and the first line risk function. The role will interact across a matrix of senior management, risk function activities and locations, business areas and other business support functions. The individual will need to work with and support as necessary other risk individuals in a number of other locations, including the UK and Europe, to help ensure a joined up view of risk is assessed, reported, managed and mitigated in a pro-active and timely manner. The individual will drive execution of the annual risk plan, undertake risk assessments, review risk events, and support the delivery of relevant Board Risk Committee and Risk forum reporting. Key Responsibilities
The individual will be responsible for:
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Oversee the application of the risk framework for the Fidelity International business in Ireland. This includes assisting the roll out and maintenance of the Risk Framework for local entities, ensuring compliance with relevant local requirements and the Fidelity global risk framework, and manage oversight and the application of specific risk policies.
- Working with risk individuals in other Fidelity International offices/locations to ensure a joined up view of risk is assessed, reported, managed and mitigated in a pro-active and timely manner.
- Take the lead for working with senior management, heads of functions and risk champions in the Asset Management Operations (AMO) business. Lead efforts to identify, analyse, and assess proposals for newly identified risks within the AMO business, including new and change programs, projects and services and products. This will include managing and maintaining a relationship with wider management and the global risk management team.
- Play a key role in defining and embedding a culture of risk awareness locally, while ensuring the Group framework is applied and implemented.
- Attend and provide both support and challenge at internal risk governance and other management, project and change forums.
- Compile, assess, and report on risk to management, risk forums and Board and Group Committees, whilst monitoring risk levels against agreed risk appetite levels.
- Support the development and review of risk management related policies and procedures and be proactive in identifying areas for control enhancement.
- Provide risk support to assigned projects, including new business and change initiatives.
- Provide risk management advice and risk-related training to individuals and groups of staff as required in the business.
- Undertake risk assurance reviews in line with business requirements, and review management risk and control reviews.
- Represent the business with respect to risk management for required regulatory, client, internal audit or other review work.
- The role will also include responsibility for certain aspects of monitoring of the activities Fidelity has delegated to third-parties (including intra-group delegation) including interaction with delegates and reviews.
- Work with relevant Group risk functions to support annual capital assessment risk and control reviews, including supporting capital assessment work and the review of risk control self-assessments undertaken by the business.
- Interaction with other organisational lines of defence (i.e. Compliance, Internal Audit, etc.).
- Oversight and risk challenge review of risk events/incidents, including relevant intra-group and third-party events/incidents to ensure appropriate review of the financial impact of operational incidents and root cause and business impact analysis
- Oversight of certain aspects of the Company's and its delegates Information Security and also Business Continuity programmes.
- Support the provision of risk training & risk culture embedding to local staff, management, forums and Boards/Committees and Directors where relevant.
About you About Fidelity International
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with internal functions and management at all levels.
- Stakeholder management skills with the ability and willingness to both independently challenge and assist the business.
- Influencing skills at all levels of the organisation including senior management, operational staff, and in other Fidelity locations.
- Willingness to offer a differing opinion, challenge both management and existing processes, procedures and activities.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member, independently and in a cross functional international business.
- Able to establish and build effective working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- The individual will ideally be familiar with or have experience of local regulatory requirements and governance requirements for either a life insurance business, mutual funds unit linked business, or a regulated financial institution or investment management business.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with a hands-on problem solution mentality.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team and to manage deadlines.
- Dedicated to maintaining high quality standards and client satisfaction.
- Operational and/or financial risk experience.
- Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $471 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 30 September 2020. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.