Software Application Engineer
The .Net application engineer will be joining a team who develop cutting-edge and market leading Sports trading platforms. Paddy Power Betfair is able to offer its B2C and B2B customers an unequalled breadth of pricing, product and risk management systems 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Over the past 6 years, the team has developed a reputation for delivering high-quality risk and trading applications to Sports Traders, Racing Traders and Risk Managers on the Trading Room floor. Due to its successes and increasing responsibility, the team has a number of opportunities becoming available.
A successful candidate will have share in the responsibility for delivering these applications; from sophisticated risk systems to high-volume, real-time data aggregation and price setting. Some of these can be quite complex but all are extremely time-critical. The candidate will be technologically open-minded and will be immersed in innovative and challenging environment with opportunities to broaden their skill-set and experience.
To deliver these projects, the team leverages cutting-edge technology including the latest .NET technologies, real-time web, NoSql databases, CI/CD, agile methodologies and public/private cloud platforms. It is this use of innovative technology, in conjunction with industry expertise and extensive analytics, that enables the Paddy Power Betfair Traders to successfully make the mission critical decisions necessary in a high-pressure trading environment.
- Design and develop trading applications in C# that meet both functional and non-functional requirements
- Write high quality, maintainable code using best industry standards
- Contribute to design/architecture discussions & decisions
- Be flexible to changing requirements and priorities, while managing own task list and time
- Be a team player - put the team above the individual and take responsibility for the team's reputation
- Work with Business Analysts and Traders to define scope, features and estimates for new projects
- Effectively communicate within the team and showcase the team's successes within the department
- Continuously innovate
- Troubleshoot and debug real-time development issues
- Contribute to the on-going evolution and continuous improvement of the department
- Support the department's Production systems
- 3+ years of commercial programming experience using Microsoft .NET technologies. Preferably C#. Candidates with similar Java experience wishing to expand their skill sets will also be considered
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Exposure to Test Driven Development
- Proven ability to solve complex technical problems
- Practical experience in MS SQL Server and Entity Framework or similar ORM
- Bachelors/Master's degree in technology or related discipline
- Knowledge of gambling and an interest in sport advantageous
- Passion for lean development practices
- Experience working in cross-functional agile teams using Kanban or Scrum
- Keen innovator
- Exposure to AWS or other public cloud provider
- DevOps experience
- Interest in high-throughput/low latency distributed systems
- Desire to be part of fast-paced, highly collaborative teams
- Motivated by solving complex technical problems as part of a team environment
We offer great benefits such as uncapped annual leave, healthcare, pension, subsidized canteen, flexible working options that include working from home and flexible hours and much more!