Supplier Relationship Manager
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
Relationship Management is responsible for the management and oversight of Fidelity's Retail and Institutional Custodians as well as all the vendors and 3rd party providers within GBO.
Relationship Management is responsible for the management and oversight of Fidelity's Retail and Institutional Custodians as well as all the vendors and 3rd party providers within GBO. The quality of Custodians appointed by Fidelity is subject to an ongoing quality and risk review which is conducted under a formal Relationship Management framework. The team work together with colleagues across various locations in order to ensure consistent approach to managing 3rd party providers. The team are also responsible for ensuring senior management have a visibility on any key initiatives relating to these providers across GBO.
The Team acts as knowledgeable advisor on all Custody related matters including service provider performance, product and risk. The team also assists the business with regards to support on escalated matters, RFPs, Client Due Diligence, Product/Change Management.
What you willl do
The role will be responsible for 3rd party supplier co-ordination, management and oversight.
What you can expect
- Communicate FIL policy, commercial framework and supplier management requirements, plus any subsequent updates, within GBO
- Ensure the oversight programme for GBO is communicated to all stakeholders
- Work with Procurement on the new vendor oversight programme and ensure that vendor management needs are included on the programme which includes setting up a new supplier management database to manage SLAs, KPIs, Due Diligence, ESRs, Risk Ratings etc
- Collate scores and commentary from operational and technology teams, plus other stakeholders, on service provided by suppliers on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Support GBO teams with issue escalation, agree and monitor resolution
- Produce an annual schedule of service review meetings
- Host, co-ordinate and prepare for all service review meetings held throughout the year, including producing agendas, booking rooms, and taking minutes at the meetings
- Produce and maintain action item logs to record outstanding actions and follow up to conclusions
- Ensure the following tasks are completed to their pre-agreed deadlines by liaising with the appropriate teams internally
- Periodic service level standards review - agree service level standards and monitor adherence on an on-going basis
- Implement new SLAs and KPIs for existing 3rd parties without these in place
- Periodic legal agreement reviews - liaise with Commercial Team
- Business Continuity Planning for FIL and at the Supplier
- External security review - ensure questionnaire is completed on the correct frequency, depending on the risk level this will be every 1, 3 or 5 years. Liaise with IT Security Team
- Annual Due Diligence Review
- Maintain central records via FIL 3rd Party Supplier SharePoint and clear audit trail of documentation on a central drive (agendas, scorecards, minutes, actions, agreements, SLAs, contacts). Ensure GBO maintains a "Green" status and to escalate any Amber/Red status vendors
- To produce quality reporting and relationship summaries for senior management on status of 3rd parties, cost analysis, key initiatives, strengths/weaknesses etc.
- For new suppliers ensure FIL policy is followed and on-going governance is put in place
- Analyse costs and review with Accountable Executives and Commercial team the scope to negotiate down costs
- Exit Planning/Business Contingency Plan (BCP) - planning for a supplier contingency or default event
- Implement a supplier relationship manager tool to improve management of suppliers. Potentially a FIL wide solution so relationships can be monitored and leveraged fully
- Maintaining awareness of industry developments and best practises. Keeping abreast of potential new supply arrangements, latest products/services from a procurement perspective to prompt and promote innovation in FIL;
- Drive innovation and the continuous improvement of commercial standards and processes to strengthen procurement disciplines across the FIL organisation to maximise the value derived from / minimise the risk associated with the supply base
Who you are
- Previous experience in a similar role with strong relationship management skills
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, working to deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with people displaying good judgement when interacting with colleagues and third parties.
- Ability to know when to escalate poor vendor performance/high profile issues to senior management
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, flexibility and to prioritise work appropriately
- Pro-active individual who will continuously look at new ways of working/automation
- Self-starter who requires little guidance from senior manager
- Professional manner and good interactive team skills are essential
- Responsible, flexible and proactive approach
- Takes ownership for delivery
- Strong personal presence, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to establish a successful rapport, communicate and influence at all levels
- Strong commercial acumen with commercial documentation review skills
- Strong decision making and conflict management skills
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word