Bloomberg DMS delivers the world's foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud Hosted Service. What's the role?
We are looking for a systems engineer to join our infrastructure team, to help build, maintain and improve our infrastructure. You will help ensure that the infrastructure is maintained to a high level as well as researching and developing future solutions used by our clients worldwide. We are continually making improvements across the Infrastructure stack, including improvements to our tooling, components, and procedures - and are looking for someone to join the team and help us maintain the standard of excellence Bloomberg customers have come to expect. What will you be doing?
What would we like you to have?
- Contribute to best-in-class reliability of critical infrastructure components, both hardware and software
- Contributing to the design, build and on-going support of this critical infrastructure
- Building and improving our Infrastructure monitoring framework
- Contribute to the design and implementation of infrastructure support procedures
- Support the on-going automation of infrastructure build and management process
- Monitor, tune and troubleshoot systems problems in collaboration with Software Engineers & Architects on optimisation
- Scheduling and automation of upgrades and patching
- Develop and publish updates on resolutions and communicate findings internally
- Provide technical leadership in core Infrastructure areas
- Building the customer support model and service ethic that delivers best in class support to all internal and external stakeholders
- 10 or more years' experience working with computer hardware and software systems
- 7+ years of strong hands on experience of Linux Systems (Red Hat / CentOS / Fedora)
- Scripting experience with Python, base or equivalent
- Familiar with modern server architecture and components
- Knowledge of enterprise storage systems
- Block and network storage (NFS & Object Storage)
- Monitoring tools exposure
- Prometheus, Elastic Search etc
- Understanding of basic networking
- Exposure to automation platforms (Ansible or similar)
Why Bloomberg DMS?
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting in cross function team projects
- Good attention to detail, self-motivation and ability to react to changing priorities
- Take initiative to improve infrastructure components where required
- Excellent problem solving and Root Cause Analysis skills
- Ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly
- Collaborative approach with an ability to work in a team and utilise team member skills when required
At Bloomberg DMS, You will have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and what to help us achieve our mission to "Simplify Data Management". If this sound like you we'd love to hear from you! What is Bloomberg? See for yourself!
http://www.bloomberg.com/careers/blog/what-is-bloomberg Our benefits are not bad either!!
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Life Assurance
- Disability Assurance
- Paid parental leave (4 weeks)
- Tax saver scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Bicycle storage and Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Discounts on Bloomberg sponsored events
- Fun events for employees, friends & family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.