Trade Services Manager
- Negotiable EUR
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page Financial Services.
- 06 Sep 18 2018-09-06
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experience Trade Support/Settlements individual to join this international Fintech start up based in Dublin City Centre
Our client is a start up FinTech firm
Renowned for providing consistent world class service, the Trade Services team also liaises with and has strong relationships with our global Front Office teams and various other partners, vendors and market participants.
This role will be to manage Trade Services in the newly formed EU office reporting into the EMEA Head of Trade Services. The successful candidate should have experience in either Trade Support or Settlements, preferably both, and have previously held a similar role elsewhere.
The individual must be a strong and proven people and performance manager, au fait with industry and market regulation and upcoming changes, possess excellent client service and communication skills and have led or driven projects. The individual must also have experience in dealing with external partners and vendors and relationship management, with a desire to do be active in this space.
* Serves as a member of the Global Trade Services Management team and is responsible for the successful delivery of EU specific tasks while supporting colleagues in other regions
* Adheres and champions the Global Service Standards and provides support and direction to local staff.
* Local face off to the Central Bank of Ireland and any local relationships.
* Define criteria and controls for managing operational risk associated with the EU functions.
* Works closely with the London based Trade Services Manager to ensure a cohesive approach and service is provided to our members and stakeholders.
* Ensure open, honest and transparent communication takes place with the EMEA Head of Trade Services
* Escalates effectively and timely.
* Monitors and provide metrics to management on local KPI's.
* Accountable for all aspects of the management, development and performance of your direct reports.
* Set annual (SMART) objectives, perform regular one to one meetings with your direct reports, own and deliver appraisal process.
* Be the primary escalation point, internally and externally, for the Dublin Trade Services function.
* Accountable for the successful working relationship with our custodian partners.
* Lead any required projects ensuring there is adequate metrics, planning, testing and technical input.
* Responsible for the recruitment, hiring, training, retention and development of the local Trade Services team.
* Understand and successfully articulate Post Trade market change and regulation.
* Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures within the function.
* Initiate new procedures and solutions to improve productivity and efficiency of daily functions.
* Work with the Technology department to identify, test and implement enhancements to improve on our existing systems and processes.
* Represent Trade Services in Audit reviews.
* Responsible for the management of visitors to the Trade Services function.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of 3 years' direct people management experience; this should include setting objectives, delivering appraisals and performance management.
* Proven experience of producing high performing teams.
* Detailed understanding and experience of the Post Trade functions from a buy or sell side perspective.
* Ability to work independently and deliver, on time, against multiple requirements.
* Ability to produce management level metrics detailing key performance criteria.
* Excellent relationship, communication and presentation skills.
* Working knowledge of Equities is essential and experience in Fixed Income preferable.
* External management experience highly desirable; vendors, clients, industry.
* Excellent problem solving skills to resolve internal/external issues, including IT related problems.
* Excellent time management with the ability to perform well under pressure.
* Strong knowledge and experience of working with key market technology vendors is expected.
* Conversational level awareness and understanding of market regulation and key impacts.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join this flagship office with a fantastic environment whilst being well rewarded