Treasury Risk Management Specialist - Vice President
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 22 Jul 18 2018-07-22
Treasury Risk Management Specialist - Vice President
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Location: Dublin, Park Place
Line of Business: ECF
Here in our central Dublin office, we are currently recruiting for a talented Treasury Risk Management Specialist to join our dynamic team. The Treasury and Control Function Risk (TCFR) team is responsible for the oversight of Liquidity risk, Interest Rate Risk in Banking Book and Capital risk.
For each of these risk types they own the Risk framework and perform second line of defense oversight of relevant Treasury and Business activities.
You will report to the Head of the TCFR in support of these responsibilities. In addition you will be engaged in Enterprise wide TCFR initiatives, supporting the global TCFR team.
This is an excellent opportunity to build on prior experience gained in Risk, Treasury, Product Finance, or Business Analytics to gain:
- holistic overview of Global Banking and FICC business models at a legal entity level
- broad exposure to all risk types including their links to Capital, with in-depth coverage of IRRBB and Liquidity & Capital Risks
You will have the opportunity to work across all aspects of the team, contributing to the primary deliverables, with the career objective of building sufficient knowledge and experience to take ownership of a specific risk type (Liquidity, Capital or IRRBB). As we are entering a new regulatory jurisdiction, you will also be involved in the evolution of the legal entity's TCFR framework in conjunction with senior management and business partners, and the implementation of new Risk Appetite Statements and the Risk ID process.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Ensure an appropriate Risk Framework is both designed and implemented
- Support the drafting of the relevant Risk Policies to the Board, via Management Risk Committee (MRC) and Board Risk Committee (BRC)
- Engage in the ICAAP production process to provides appropriate review and challenge
- Provide analysis to assist the review and challenge of Internal Liquidity Stress Testing (ILST) assumptions prior to MRC
- Own Risk Limit Framework, including Risk Appetite
- Support the definition and calibration of limits and metrics
- Raise limit breaches to local Risk and Business management and monitor resolution
- Handle Risk relationship with regulators
- Attend and support the production of materials for regular supervisory meetings
- Participate in L-SREP process
- Ongoing oversight of Risk profile of the entity, including Business engagement
- Ongoing monitoring of Liquidity Risk, Capital and IRRBB reporting to understand changes to the risk profile, including engagement with Business to understand drivers of historic and future changes
- Ensure Risks appropriately included in Risk ID process
- Join Business led Risk ID sessions to review and challenge Risks identified
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Solid academic background, ideally in quantitative subjects
- Demonstrable quantitative analysis experience in a Financial Institution, preferably including working closely with multiple data providers and partners across various departments
- Solid communication skills, both written and oral - ability to effectively use data to tell a story and reach a conclusion and present complex topics concisely
- Banking product knowledge, ideally also with exposure to FICC products
- Experience of prudential issues, including exposure to the CBI and their approach to supervision would be helpful
- An appetite to learn and challenge; needs to be comfortable confronting unstructured problems with multiple partners
- Dedicated, with attention to detail and solid analytical skills, with a focus on pragmatic solutions
- Ability to prioritise work and handle expectations effectively when working on multiple initiatives
- Knowledge of and interest in the evolving business and regulatory environment, building from a solid analytical skills base and looking to become an in-depth subject matter authority
- Have an appreciation of the importance of an independent risk function
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
s part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.