IT Project Manager - Software Development/Digital
- Galway, Connaught, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 10 Oct 18
You will manage both internal and external software development projects and implementation as well as roll out projects until launch.
You will manage diverse assigned IT projects in the group and working closely with the head of application development, development manager, QA manager & project delivery manager on delivering high quality, standardized Tax Free products to the market. This covers software development projects with straight through processing and where required integrations to POS & EPOS systems, as well as other innovative Tax Free applications working on various devices, using the latest technologies which are relevant to the business of Tax Free.
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world's leading Tax Free Shopping ('TFS'), Dynamic Currency Conversion ('DCC'), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets. Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.
KEY RESULT AREA
- Creating project plans, doing resource planning & holding a strong control on project deliverable, risks, obstacles and mitigate those until end of the project. This also involves prioritisation of tasks, allocation of cross-departmental resources to those tasks and ensure this is done in co-ordination with business owners & other stakeholder. This involves the monitor and control of performance, cost, scope, schedule, quality and appropriate business measurements for all project activities.
- Responsibility for an up-to-date, standardised technical specification for the delivered projects. ensuring that all Tax Free related applications deliver consistent, quality information to back-end used for internal analysis and external reporting throughout the whole product portfolio.
- Communicate and manage change requests to relevant stakeholders, provide support throughout development and test of the final product.
- Ensure transparency by prpviding up to date status & communication of the on-going projects to stakeholders.
- Maintain register of actions, issues, risks and lessons learned and report on project progress & status on a weekly basis to Head of application development. Development manager, Project delivery manager & QA Manager.
- Be fully familiar and understand authority levels and ultimate accountability of this role for area and countries. Liaise regularly with Integration quality manager, head of application development and other relevant stakeholders to ensure full compliance as the levels are dynamic as the business grows.
- Participate in the Company's Performance Management System and ensure full compliance with all policies and procedures, reporting systems and Company Values at all times.
- Have the ability to take ownership of software development projects and deliver
- Experienced in delivering software development projects through the full SDLC.
- Technical background; either as a Technical Architect, Team Leader or a Software Developer using web technologies integrating with API's through to backend systems.
- Proven track record of identifying and solving problems.
- Managed projects in a matrix environment, across multiple locations.
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile development environments.
- Bachelor's degree in IT and/or 4 or more years of experience in software development environment.
- Ideally, hold a third level degree (or equivalent), IT, Business or Finance.
- Ideally certified in Agile methodologies, Prince 2 Professional, Project Management Professional or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence & Innotas would be an advantage
- Ability to prepare reports and presentations to communicate effectively.
- Proven communication and Project Management skills and the ability to start, manage and deliver projects within tight deadlines.
- Good level of analytic problem solving skills to identify and diagnose problems and implement appropriate solutions.
- Proven organisational, planning and budgetary skills.
- Leadership skills; Must show ability to lead an international team in a global IT environment.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must display integrity, reliability and strong interpersonal skills.
- Passion for detail: Must have proven ability to architect and drive through change in a fast growing company.
- Solid team Player: To be able to work with diverse teams in many locations.
- Outstanding Communication & presentation skills; Must be able to communicate with non IT specialists
- Time Management; Must have proven time management skills and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Decision maker: Willing to take responsibility and able to make sound decisions in a fast growing global company
- Travel: Must be available to travel throughout the European offices