Payments WAY4 Engineer
- Galway, Connaught, Ireland
- Contract, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 05 Oct 18
We look for a WAY4 Systems Engineer has responsibility for providing system change and analytical & operational support for the Multicurrency Platform (MCP) - WAY4, Visa Edit Package and MasterCard simulators. The MCP system is Planet's strategic Acquiring processing platform, providing Authorisation, Clearing & Settlement Services. Planet is planning a major expansion of its WAY4 services. This role will have responsibility for maintenance and support of the MCP platform, requirements analysis and delivering the change pipeline.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Responsibility for support of the MCP system:
* Implementation of new WAY4 Acquiring / Switching modules and Business functional change
* Delivering bi-annual Card Scheme Compliance Releases
* Assist System Maintenance Activities, Change Management, and Custom Development.
* Support daily operations, implementation and testing of compliance release system changes
* Maintain business continuity service for WAY4 and supporting systems
* Provide first level internal escalation support for MCP Operations Staff
* Provide first level internal MCP User Support and Consultancy
* Deliver quality analysis documentation for WAY4 projects.
* Collaboration with development and IT teams in all integration change projects.
* Participate in the Company's Performance Management System and ensure full compliance with all policies and procedures, reporting systems and Company Values at all times.
Knowledge & Experience
* Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in IT studies is required
* Must have 2 to 4 years' experience working in a Payments IT domain
* Must have experience in Switch, Clearing and Settlement payments platform
* Experience of Way4 platform or alternative Payments platform
* Must have strong technical database skills (knowledge of Oracle preferred and/or SQL server)
* Must have working knowledge of developing scripts (such as PowerShell or Visual Basic)
* Experience with end to end task management
* Must have experience developing and performing system testing for platform change
* Strong analytical skills, including interpreting system needs and translating into technical requirements.
* Must be a quick learner and have a track record of identifying and solving problems.
* Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* Must be a team player who enjoys working in a fast growing international company.
* The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to be able to priorities work appropriately.
* Must have proven time management skills and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
* Must be available to travel occasionally.
* Provide out of hours support as required by IT Payments function.