We are Planet
Planet is a large international cross-border digital fin-tech payments company, operating in over 60 markets across the world and providing a range of services to over 400,000 luxury merchants and 100 acquiring banks. We have grown rapidly over the last seven years and increased seven times in value over this period based on a combination of both organic and acquisition-led growth. The travel and tourism market that we operate in continues to show consistent growth, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes across the world and the desire for Asian shoppers in particular to purchase authentic luxury goods outside their home countries.
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market. Now, with over 1,500 employees spread across five continents, we are an international payment services provider.
About the Role:
The Product Owner Scrum Master (POSM) is a member of the Agile team responsible for defining Stories and prioritising the Team Backlog to streamline the delivery of Product priorities. This role has significant relationships and responsibilities outside the core scrum team, including working with Product Management, who is responsible for the Product Roadmap, to prepare for the Product Development Planning (PDP) meeting. Lead and represent on behalf of our business the critical needs to delight our customer.
What you will do
Preparation and Participation in PDP Planning
- Involved in product backlog refinement and preparation for PDP planning and undertake a significant role in the planning event itself.
- Draft the team’s specific objectives for the upcoming PDP.
- Maintaining the team backlog.
- Iteration Planning.
- Story elaboration & ensure the story complies with the Definition of Done (DoD).
- Understand enabler work necessary to deliver the Product Roadmap.
- Participate in team Sprint demos and retrospectives.
- During each PDP, the PO coordinates dependencies with other POs.
- Responsible for producing the System Demo for Product and Value Stream stakeholders.
- Inspect and Adapt.
- Work across the team to define and implement improvement stories that will increase the velocity and quality of the scrum team.
- Work across the development team to ensure clarity on the business value of key requirements.
- Eliminates impediments.
- Promotes quality practices.
- Builds a high-performing team.
- Protects and communicates – Communicates with management and outside stakeholders; helps protect the team from uncontrolled expansion of work.
- Represent the team in the Scrum of Scrums (SoS) meeting, and pass information from that meeting back to the team.
- Facilitates preparation and readiness for PDP & Scrum events.
- Guides the team in establishing normalized estimates and helps the team understand how to estimate Features and Capabilities.
- Track and report on sprint performance.
- Participate in the planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and explore solution alternatives.
- Participate in PDP Planning and Pre- and Post-PDP Planning, System and Solution Demos, and Retrospective events.
Who you are
- Digital technical background is essential.
- Ability to take ownership of software delivery of initiatives.
- Capable to write clear concise user stories with well-defined acceptance criteria.
- Experience delivering software development through Agile delivery model, preferable SAFe and Scrum.
- Proven track record of identifying and solving problems.
- Strong experience managing initiatives in a matrix environment, across multiple locations.
- Ability to prioritise and assign tasks across multiple initiatives.
- Experience leading an international team in a global IT environment.
- Teamwork skills essential for the POSM.
- Outstanding communication & presentation skills.
- Strong time management skills and work to tight deadlines.
- Willing to take responsibility and able to make sound decisions in a fast-growing global company.
- Available to travel throughout the European offices as required.
What you will need to bring to Planet
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or relevant discipline.
- At least four years’ experience in a software development environment.
- 2-3 years’ experience as a Product Owner or similar job.
- Scrum Master Certification.
- Ideally certified in Product Manager/Product Owner SAFe framework.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of AHA, Jira & Confluence an advantage.
- Ability to prepare reports and present effectively to the product manager and the wider company.
- Good level of analytical problem-solving skills to write user stores & acceptance criteria identify and diagnose problems and implement appropriate solutions.
Your skills and our Values
We search for better
- You are creative, curious and look for new ways of doing things
- Creative intelligence is your key competency
We celebrate differences
- You are appreciative of people, and recognise the strength in others
- You inspire through appreciation
We go beyond expectations
- You are bold, open with your ideas, and are at your best every day
- You drive for results
We grow together
- You are collaborative, you care and you are humble
- You build the best teams, bringing people together
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary, pension and benefits
- Free parking on site so you don’t have to worry or walk too far or a season ticket loan
- Start the day with great coffee and fresh fruit in our buzzing modern offices!
- Travel pass and Bike to work scheme
- Sports & Social Committee from Charity Days and Volunteer Opportunities to team building
- Get to network with your peers in an informal setting at our free once a month company lunch
- Work from home once a week to make life easier
Find out more here: www.planetpayment.com