Senior BI developer (DCC)
- Galway, Connaught, Ireland
- Contract, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 22 Oct 18
We are looking for a smart and creative developer who relishes the challenge to create business solutions as part of a team of like-minded professionals. Our environment is nimble and fast paced, and your duties will vary. You will have the opportunity to expand and improve your skill set in many advanced areas of knowledge. We create exciting applications across multiple platforms supporting a high performance transaction system.
Our software team is looking a smart, creative, energetic developer who loves to create business solutions as part of a team of like-minded professionals. Our environment is nimble and fast paced, and your duties will vary. You will have the opportunity to expand and improve your skill set in many advanced areas of knowledge. We create exciting applications across multiple platforms supporting a high performance transaction system.
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world's leading Tax Free Shopping ('TFS'), Dynamic Currency Conversion ('DCC'), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets. Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Ideally, you'll have five years+ of experience developing data warehouse for corporate houses using SQL BI Stack.
- You will be experienced in working on a team of experienced developers who create applications and solutions for both our external and internal customers.
- Work with the internal teams in delivering the solution to the market
- Ensure quality deliverable as well as reducing technical debt with the product
- Mentor existing developers on-site and at other locations
- Engaged in the code review process and overall quality processes in Fintrax.
- Working with the business to understand user requirements and how internal business processes are modelled in existing source systems.
- Design and Build of Industry standard ETL using SSIS, for Data Warehousing. (SSIS)
- Debugging, Monitoring and Maintenance of existing BI solutions (SSIS, SSRS,SSAS, SQL Server) 2014 version
- Configuration setup and maintenance of database servers.(SQL Server) 2014 version
- Assessing quality and suitability of source data.
- Writing relational (SQL) and multidimensional (MDX/ DAX) queries. (SSAS)
- Creation, deployment and maintenance of reports (SSRS)
- Assist users in understanding how they can use the DW in order to gain better insight into the business
- Experience in calling API from SSIS to pull data from internal or external systems
- Experience in C# coding is advantageous
- Experience as a senior BI developer
- 5+ Years' experience working with SQL Server. Must have familiarity using either SQL 2012 or SQL 2014.
- Understanding of Star Schema and Database design using accepted best practice and Kimball methodologies.
- Awareness of Other Data warehousing Methodologies (Data Vault andInmon)
- Strong Knowledge of T-SQL - must have a good understanding of stored procedures, optimisation and best practices.
- Good knowledge of MDX & DAX.
- Experience of using the Microsoft BI Stack to deliver solutions. Must include SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience communicating with Business users of all levels through written and verbal communication.
- A motivated self-starter who follows best practices
- Great attention to detail
- Innovative problem solving skills
- Ability to pick up and learn new skills and technologies quickly
- Eagerness to explore and apply new technologies
- Actively participate in design reviews and discussions.
- Must be able to efficiently work and communicate in English verbally and in writing
- Must be a team player who enjoys working in a fast growing international company
- Great analytical and coding skills
- A track record of getting stuff done
- Smart, creative & energetic
- Our development environment has a laid-back feeling, with a relaxed dress code