We are Planet
Planet is a large international cross-border digital fin-tech payments company, operating in over 60 markets across the world and providing a range of services to over 400,000 luxury merchants and 100 acquiring banks. We have grown rapidly over the last seven years and increased seven times in value over this period based on a combination of both organic and acquisition-led growth. The travel and tourism market that we operate in continues to show consistent growth, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes across the world and the desire for Asian shoppers in particular to purchase authentic luxury goods outside their home countries.
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market. Now, with over 1,500 employees spread across five continents, we are an international payment services provider.
About the role
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to join our software development team, based at our office in Galway, Ireland.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a professional agile software development team, with technical and line management responsibility of a SCRUM development team.
What You will do
As a Software Development Manager, you will act as a product technical leader to deliver all new product change within a defined end product portfolio, whilst managing support and maintenance of the product base aligned to existing system ownership responsibilities.
Managing work delivery on a daily basis to achieve efficient utilisation of team resources and good development practises will be key.
Manage oversight and work closely with PM, BA, QA teams team and product user base to deploy live change within an agreed delivery schedule.
Managing team resources, processes and tools to achieve an efficient sprint delivery cycle and improve allocation of future sprints, whilst driving continous improvement will be a key result area for this role.
This is a great opportunity to join a professional IT development team and advance career development in an Agile Scrum environment, developing, learning and helping to shape an emerging product development culture.
- Direct line management of software development team, managing performance & development
- Manage technical knowledge and experience levels to meet business demands
- Ensure effective technical communications across team, skills, techniques & cross training
- Manage task schedule, and capacity of development resources.
- Engagement with user base during sprint cycle to ensure successful collaboration
- Manages development team on a day-to-day basis, building good collaboration & synergy
- Implements performance management effectively for team members, setting goals, monitoring progress and identifying any areas for improvement
- Mentors and/or coaches and organises on-the-job training for team members.
- Takes responsibility for supporting technical issues relating to major service incidents
- Liaise and seek guidance from Architecture team on key platform, design & tool selection to help achieve a consistent development platform
- Raise potential resourcing issues in advance and support the recruitment process as required
- Act as IT technical leader and point of contact for technical product queries
- Technically responsible for portfolio of assigned DCC & Payment IT products
- Ensure accurate recording of all technical information, tasks, schedules and continuous improvement strategy to enable effective reporting
- Gain and advance own technical knowledge of product set and act as technical leader
- Promote technical cross training culture across team and improve product induction cycle
- Drive system strategy to improve architecture, creating a strong product continuous improvement culture
- Manage the creation & maintenance of system design & technical documentation
- Manage and support planned system maintenance, liaising with internal IT teams
- Support HA/DR strategy is in place for product portfolio and liaise with service teams on strategy
- Liaise and support service teams on major incidents, root cause analysis and strategic resolutions
Who You are:
- A professional with experience in a software development environment
- A professional with experience in a technical team management role.
- A professional with experience in an Agile Scrum development or similar environment
What you will need to bring to Planet
Tool Set - Working Knowledge of
- Visual Studio
- C# .net framework
- Entity framework
- SQL Server
- Azure services
- CI/CD practises
Your skills and our Values
We search for better
- You are creative, curious and look for new ways of doing things
- Creative intelligence is your key competency
We celebrate differences
- You are appreciative of people, and recognise the strength in others
- You inspire through appreciation
We go beyond expectations
- You are bold, open with your ideas, and are at your best every day
- You drive for results
We grow together
- You are collaborative, you care and you are humble
- You build the best teams, bringing people together
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary, pension and benefits
- Free parking on site so you don’t have to worry or walk too far or a season ticket loan
- Start the day with great coffee and fresh fruit in our buzzing modern offices!
- Travel pass and Bike to work scheme
- Sports & Social Committee from Charity Days and Volunteer Opportunities to team building
- Get to network with your peers in an informal setting at our free once a month company lunch
- Work from home once a week to make life easier