Technical Product Manager - Observability solutions
As the Observability Product Manager within the global Platform Engineering Team, your main responsibility will be the delivery of the vision and strategy for the Observability and Monitoring product offering.
We would like the person to be an experienced and passionate Product Manager who can help us change our culture and drive change across the organization. Together we will try and work on improving the technology stack both internally and in the cloud for an enhanced user experience, one we can be proud of.
In this pivotal role, you will play a key part in helping to shape the platform's capabilities and will have a meaningful impact on one of the world's largest financial institutions.
We offer flexible working and remote working options and don't expect you to be in the office 5 days a week, but can if that is what you prefer. Upon submission and acceptance of your CV we will look to communicate with you quickly and recruit via a panel, which if you're right, the job offer will come quickly. We realise that waiting or never getting a response is not a wanted part of applying for a new job.
The below is what we are looking for but you may not have it all, we will expect you to learn and bridge the gaps of which we have a great learning platform called Degreed, with a wide range of learning materials and sources for you. We are creating an, "above the line" culture and we need people to think like this.
What you'll do:
- You will develop and communicate the vision for the Observability & Monitoring product offering based on a strong understanding of business and customer needs
- You will communicate at a very technical level to enable customer requirements to be translated by development teams to UI & API
- Work closely with stakeholders and a skilled team of cross-functional peers to define a roadmap that balances supporting current business needs, managing technical debt, and unlocking new opportunities
- Contribute a genuine passion and enthusiasm for your products and mission for solving your users' needs
- Demonstrate and help instill platform thinking and user-focused development practices across our teams
- Partner with development teams to deliver with speed and quality
- Work in an agile framework with the passion to be able to assist those around you to work with this mindset.
Who you are:
- You are an experienced Product Manager with strong product development and a technical background, with previous experience building and setting vision for platform products.
- You have a proven track record in launching successful software products and features that are loved by their customers
- You are technical, and enjoy diving into the details, performing market reviews, and studying customer requirements to evolve software features
- You have a genuine interest in building products and solving problems for internal customers
- You have a drive to work collaboratively and relationship building is key to getting things done
- You love breaking down sophisticated problems into manageable goals and finding simple solutions to meet diverse needs
- You do have proven experience working in an environment that has complicated and difficult challenges to solve
- You have strong experience in crafting product requirements based on research, data and insights
- You have experience leading and working with agile development teams
- You can influence and partner effectively across all levels of an organisation, and regularly use these skills to improve the work going on around you
- You take accountability, think big, start small and own it - be ambitious but understand that we need to work iteratively to achieve the best results
- You are experienced with working with cloud centers of excellence in enterprises along with a strong background with SaaS, PaaS, or enterprise software products