Analyst, Derivatives (Confirmations & Settlements) x 4
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role
Northern Trust is currently recruiting an Analyst to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a 'best in class' operation at the heart of our business. We are particularly interested in candidates with previous experience in Derivative Operations although we are also keen to hear from candidates who believe they have a transferable skillset. Successful candidates will receive a mix of classroom and on the job training to become operational in the role. Team Responsibilities
• Monitoring and agreement of Settlements cash flows with counterparties
• Checking of trade confirmations versus the trade capture system
• Providing trade information to interested parties
• Investigating and resolving queries and enquiries from internal and external clients
• Production of client reporting
• Investigating and resolving exceptions from Tri-Resolve portfolio reconciliations with Investment Managers, Counterparties and trade repositories Individual Responsibilities
• To provide support to the Team Leader and Department Manager
• To settle OTC trades on time & accurately
• To confirm OTC trades on time & accurately
• To proactively address all queries in a time efficient manner
• To ensure that all team duties are completed within internal, market and SLA deadlines and timeframes
• Ensure that controls are adhered to and evidenced daily
• Ensure that procedures are followed and updated regularly
• To undertake various tactical and strategic initiatives to improve performance
• Attend internal and external meetings with Clients and Counterparties where required Knowledge/Skills - Prerequisites
• Strong team player, self-starter and flexible
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• An eye for accuracy with strong attention to detail
• Good prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
• Organises own workload and establishes priorities
• Client service orientation
• PC skills particularly MS Excel with the knowledge of Macros / Visual Basic and advantage.
• Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
• Ability to represent Northern Trust to the highest professional levels both internal and externally
• Financial background is preferred but not essential. Products Covered Include:
• IRS, RPI's, Zero Coupon Swaps, Credit Default Swaps, CFD's, Equity Swaps, Equity Options, Variance Swaps, Property Swaps, FX Options, Swaptions, Cross Currency Swaps, Total Return Swaps, Basis Swaps Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater. ADV