Consultant, Custody & Control Oversight
About The Role:
The Custody and Control Oversight Consultant supports the custody oversight and control related activities across all of Northern Trust's ("NT") the custody activities and future business / operational strategy , provide proactive support and guidance to partners to strengthen the control environment, ensure compliance, and mitigate operational and regulatory risk. The role will be functionally reporting to the UK CASS Office (based in London) and closely linked to the Global Service Control function.
We are seeking individuals with good understanding and practical experience working in governance, and risk and control related areas. The individual needs to be capable and comfortable of working in a dynamic and fast changing environment, and should be a good team player and effective communicator. Main Responsibilities:
Skills/ Experience Required:
- Support Luxemburg custody oversight activities and be the key point of contact for Lux related issues and information;
- Support in the development of MIs and KPIs to measure regulatory and operational risks, and to drive focused review and assessment of business processes and controls.
- Produce legal entity level management Information for key Custody stakeholders;
- Assess and analyse legal entity level management information to identify trending and key themes;
- Undertake various control and quality assurance review, and deep dive of processes, to identify key Control themes and trends
- Independent reporting of risk and control issues for all operational functions to global services control leads and senior management
- Conduct walkthroughs to obtain understanding of the business processes and controls and to document findings using Microsoft tools including producing detailed process flows.
- Perform control testing and conclude findings.
- Support the on-going maintenance and enhancement of risk and control matrix
- Support in the delivery of required change and regulatory change projects or business initiatives in relation to custody.
About Northern Trust:
- Previous experience in a Risk/Control function is an advantage
- Knowledge & understanding of Client Assets regulations and rules, and their application/treatment is desirable
- Understanding of risk and control framework desirable
- Previous experience of process improvement with a view to developing/enhancing control
- Ability to influence senior staff outside of your direct team, across a number of countries;
- Ability to analyse and interpret data.
- Strong problem solving skills and excellent in execution
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to use initiative and work in a proactive manner
- Time management skills
- Conflict resolution skills with a collaborative and consensual approach to work
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.