Cyber Security Engineer
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Position Description
As part of Northern Trust's Threat Management group, the Cyber Security Engineer will be involved in designing, implementing and supporting the various technology solutions deployed and used by the Threat Management team. The Senior Cyber Security Engineer will play a crucial role in supporting Northern Trust's security monitoring platforms, creating a resilient and unified team that improves NT's ability to protect and defend its networks and information. The key responsibilities of the role include:
•Build, maintain, and support production and non-production servers and security platforms.
•Monitor server security, perform routine security assessments, and manage software update services
•Daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
•Triage and resolve production incidents related to cloud platforms and the applications
•Participate in critical incident analysis.
•Build effective monitoring, alerts, and metrics for production security tools and applications
•Ensure system scalability, redundancy, and disaster recovery mechanisms are documented and tested Skills/ Qualifications:
• Extensive Linux System Administration experience
• Knowledge of Splunk or equivalent SEIM platform.
• Experience with system health and performance monitoring tools (SolarWinds, Splunk)
• Networking experience including IPsec, VPN, DNS, certificate management, load balancing, firewalls and routing
• Some programming / scripting experience (Java, Perl, Ruby, Python, bash)
• Desire and ability to learn new technologies quickly Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.