Senior Analyst, Depositary Operations
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. R ole/Department
The role is within Depositary Operations helping to ensure that Northern Trust fulfils its oversight responsibilities under the Alternative Investment Fund Management Directive (AIFMD) and also under UCITS V.
The primary responsibility will be in the area of oversight in relation to "Asset Verification" and "Safekeeping of Assets". This role will be primarily for doing Asset Verification on Depositary Fund assets that are not in Northern Trust Custody. It will mainly involve understanding the asset category, recording and reviewing assets on our Depositary Other Asset Register according to pre-defined parameters. Major Duties:
• Undertake Asset Verification on assets that are not in NT Custody - detailed understanding of Private Equity/Private Debt structures and ability to review documentation an advantage
• Review of appropriate documentation linked to Alternative Assets not held in Custody & sourcing executed associated documentation for asset verification purposes;
• Production & review of exposure reporting on Market Oversight - Restricted/Watch Markets for multiple jurisdictions;
• Assist in ensuring audit responsibilities are comprehensively covered;
• Participating in ensuring governance procedures within the department are being adhered to;
• Ensuring reporting requirements for both Internal and External clients are achieved on a monthly basis.
• Perform oversight and analysis of Custody Reconciliations exceptions under agreed tolerances; additional ad hoc activities and cross training on various processes included. Knowledge/Skills
• Detail-oriented and accurate
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal with internal and external parties
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team environment
• Ability to deal with complex issues & good problem solving skills
• Can work to procedures and identify gaps
• Ability to assist in testing new processes or system developments Experience
• Experience in the Financial Services Industry
• Understanding/experience of Alternative Assets preferred
• Some Funds Knowledge Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.