Senior Analyst, Tax
Senior Analyst, Tax Processing
Work within the Income & International Tax Group (IITG) serving the Operations function for a diverse range of clients who have opted NT to provide a Tax Service. The role is to request outstanding tax documentation from NT clients and Tax Offices on a daily basis. Liaise with other Tax teams and Client Servicing teams on a daily basis.
This will involve responding quickly and professionally to queries in an accurate and timely manner. To continually aim to improve the service offered to clients. Assists in reviewing work of others, training and control reporting as needed. Responsible for the reconciliation of client documentation for Northern Trust's global client base against the Tax Systems to ensure they are up-to-date and accurate.
To take on appropriate tasks from the Team Leader or Team Manager and escalate issues as appropriate in a timely manner. Principal Responsibilities
• Reviews work of others to ensure outgoing emails are accurate and correct.
• Take control of the team when the TL is absent
• Review and update team procedures
• To actively participate in Audits/Business Continuity exercises and to assist the Team Leader to ensure awareness in the team.
• Handle complex queries and refer complicated issues to higher level specialist and/or to the Oversight Team.
• Ensure all queries are allocated and responded to within the assigned deadlines
• Be aware of all service level agreements in place.
• Continuously meet and exceed the expectations and requirements of all clients.
• Work within a team with a strong willingness to assist others when required, building effective relationships with members of the team and other support teams in both APAC & North America Skills / Experience
• Past tax experience, tax documentation experience preferable.
• Knowledge of the investment management/asset servicing industry.
• Demonstrated client servicing capabilities and excellent communication skills.
• Must be resilient to pressure and have the ability to adapt quickly.
• Accuracy and attention to details at all times,
• Articulate and innovative with a demonstrated ability to navigate through obstacles, work under pressure and successfully deliver to tight deadlines in a fast moving business environment
• Familiarity with a wide range of Investment instruments and with asset management terminology.
• Numerically competent with strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to work flexibly when dealing with varying client requirements
• Ability to work within a team environment About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.