Senior Consultant, Cash & Collateral Service, HFS
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role/Department
The job involves working for a Global fund administrator, specializing in administering assets of complex hedge funds. The position requires good experience and background in operations with a preference for Collateral, foreign exchange markets and cash functions. The successful candidate is a proven leader and who takes ownership of responsibilities and achieving objectives. Team focus and the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment is essential. This person is proactive in resolving conflict and demonstrates exemplary follow-through. He/she adds value by working on a number of simultaneous tasks/projects with minimal supervision while paying special attention to detail. The ideal candidate is an effective communicator and works well with others. A familiarity with Collateral Management Operations and SWIFT is strongly preferred Responsibilities
• Manage the daily processing of cash flow requests by clients. This includes: Ensuring proper AML (anti money laundering) checks have been performed on the instruction, executing payments per established controls and with authorized instruction from clients, confirming payment settlements and details, and posting all cash related transactions made on behalf of clients.
• Actively utilise specialised Omnium tools to prevent fraudulent activity, performing regular reviews and analyse on the data.
• Own Project developments, working with internal and external clients in reducing risk and improving client experience.
• Actively manage margin calls with counterparties and either formally agree or dispute in line with agreement timescales in order to mitigate exposure risk across OTC bilateral and Repo
• Monitoring agreement exposures, collateral eligibility, client inventory positions, substitutions, collateral settlement, reconciliation and client reporting.
• Management of settlement fails for both cash and non-cash collateral movements by communicating with counterparts to achieve settlement in a timely manner.
• Work with clients to resolve cash breaks and issues related to payments.
• Manage the daily processing and settlement of FX transactions (spot, forwards, options) for clients.
• Oversee the FX Exposure offering and provide support to clients.
• Communicate trade discrepancies to internal partners and assist in resolving mismatches between the client and its counterparties.
• Effectively communicate with IT to test and implement development and enhancements of our Treasury offering.
• Coordinate connectivity with client's banks, custodians and prime brokers through SWIFT.
• Escalate issues and signoff on daily process requirements.
• Work on building out procedures and ensure good understanding across the team on each client's specific needs
• Work with the Implementation team to ensure smooth on boarding of new clients.
• Build and maintain internal and external relationships Skills/Experience
• Proven work experience, preferably in Collateral Operations. Experience in funds is preferable
• Experience in project management and client interaction. Experience working in a treasury function a plus.
• Ability to read and analyse data for client credit reporting
• Proven team player, taking ownership for own role while contributing to wider team efforts
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Microsoft Excel experience an advantage
• Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, familiar with financial markets and instruments
• Client service experience
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines in a demanding and fast growing department
• Highly flexible and adaptable to change
• Experience working with system development testing/verifying accuracy of reports. Working with Us :
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.