Specialist, Asset Data Services
Specialist, Asset Data Services
Location: Limerick The Department
The Asset Servicing department is responsible for the provision of Securities Set Up for the purposes of Pricing, Trade Settlements, monthly Custody valuations, Fund Accounting NAV, Financial Reporting and Middle office outsourcing. The department supports teams around the globe 24 hours a day. The Limerick Asset Servicing team is a dynamic team of 7 partners who work on set up, data quality and projects such as the Fund Accounting Change Program. The Role
Reporting into the Manager, this role within the Asset Services group is responsible for serving as the Limerick based asset data process improvement and reengineering leader across all business units including Fund Accounting, Custody, IOO and Wealth. The successful candidate will serve as a subject matter expert on data quality issues across fixed income and equity instruments. Why Choose This Role?
• This is a key role for a highly skilled individual to contribute to a team responsible for setting up and maintaining asset reference data across the company. Principal Responsibilities
• Serve as Lead on the largest/most complex asset data projects
• Work directly with vendors, client facing groups, and operations partners
• Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis on complex issues related to asset reference data
• Manage conflicting priorities of multiple clients, and multi-task functions in a fast-paced team environment
• Execute process improvement initiatives including root cause analysis, solution recommendations, and opportunity implementation
• Liaise with business partners to understand data needs and identifying business process or system changes
• Escalation point for all complex asset data issues
• Engage in strategic system initiatives across the enterprise for alignment of Fund Accounting data quality initiatives
• Keep abreast of emerging industry trends
• Interact with client servicing, technology, and business areas to ensure data is fit for purpose
• Develop metrics and present recommendations to management
• Provide comprehensive, in-depth consulting, leadership and training to team and other partners Qualifications / Skills / Experience
• Several years financial services experience
• Prior process improvement experience is desirable
• Six Sigma certification or lean engineering experience is an advantage
• Ability to work within strict deadlines under pressure and to work on own initiative
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong Attention to detail About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.