Specialist, Process Optimization
- Location: Limerick, Munster, Ireland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Specialist, Process OptimizationAbout The Department:
The Process Optimization department is a part of the Value for Spend Governance organization and has broad responsibility for identifying and driving global, cross functional process improvement opportunities using a variety of optimization techniques. The department uses Six Sigma and other Process Improvement methods to impact benefit levers of cost, quality, and risk.
About The Role:
The incumbent will be a member of the Process Optimization team which has broad responsibility for identifying and driving global, cross functional process improvement opportunities using a variety of optimization techniques. This role involves hands on review and analysis of operations procedures, processes, and problems to identify areas of measurable improvement across the levers of quality, cost, risk mitigation and speed to market.
- Review and identify business improvement opportunities in the context of measurable impact to the bank, by using a variety of optimization techniques and strategies and working with Partner teams across the business.
- Ensure a coordinated, consistent and effective delivery and benefit measurement plan, by planning and working with business and project teams.
- Investigate and identify root causes of errors.
- Re-engineer processes to ensure that client needs are met and efficient processes are in place.
- Navigate the organization and build consensus on optimization opportunities.
- Identify, understand and manage inter-project dependencies, risks and issues.
- Ensure integrity and consistency in all initiatives and allocated tasks.
- Understand and adapt to changing roles within the business and industry.
- Promote an optimization mind-set throughout the organization.
Skills / Experience Required:
- 10+ years of experience in process optimization/process re-engineering is an advantage
- Prior financial services experience is desirable
- Proficient in techniques such as Six Sigma, Lean Analysis, Theory of Constraints or Process Modeling is an advantage.
- Process mapping, process improvement and operational change skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong leadership, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of Minitab, Sharepoint, MS Access, Visio, and/or Sparx Enterprise Architect is an advantage.
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of September 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $132 billion in banking assets