Team Lead, Transfer Agency (Dealing)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role/ Department:
The Transfer Agency department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, finance and investor services.Transfer Agency is a growing department based over 4 locations Limerick, Dublin, India and Pune. It's a fast paced environment offering all partners excellent opportunities to grow their careers.
Reporting into a Manager, the Team Lead will be working as part of a dedicated Dealing Team in the Transfer Agency Department, providing high touch client service to a range of Northern Trust's Transfer Agency clients. The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Day to day oversight of processing quality and timeliness in all Transfer Agency Dealing locations.
• Act as point of escalation within the team for unresolved issues and queries.
• Monitor dashboards and deliverable management sheets ensuring reporting is issued within agreed timeframes.
• Ensure that agreed timelines are achieved in order to keep losses to a minimum.
• Attend and participate in oversight calls with the back office location and ensure any challenges are documented and addressed.
• Represent the team at client facing meetings.
• Conduct meetings with direct reports and ensure team meetings are being held on a regular basis.
• Assist the Dealing Manager in establishing goals and objectives for the team and individual partners.
• Facilitate training and coaching for all team members.
• Particiapate in the recruitment process for new team members and ensure a smooth on boarding process for new partners.
• Conduct regular performance management reviews and provide constructive feedback to support and enable career development. Skills/ Qualifications: The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Previous Financial Services experience
• People management/ supervisory experience
• Previous client facing experience is favourable
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• High level of awareness of effective risk management.
• Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines, escalating issue where necessary. Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.