Technical Lead, Applications
- Location: Limerick, Munster, Ireland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Technical Lead, ApplicationsMajor Duties
- Direct, oversee and plan the development and testing activities of team members, contractors, consultants and vendors
- Coordinate development activities with other teams, including business partners.
- Interact with project and application stakeholders.
- Provide metrics and reports on development status.
- Review requirements and ensure software is developed in alignment with Bank standards, best practices and performance requirements.
- Understand and supervise change requests, upgrades, or major system enhancements
- Work with and influence bank-wide architecture, design & development and security standards.
- Identify and manage the impact of any faults or issues.
- Work with application, infrastructure, messaging and data teams to identify and resolve support issues.
- Software ownership :
- Acquires, document and maintain understanding of how the application is used throughout the organization and the various business units/user groups that use the application.
- Acquires, document and maintain understanding of what information is accessible in the application and how this information is used by end-users.
- Significant stakeholder for the application and recognized by end-users as the go-to or responsible person from the application.
- Responsible for the maintenance of their application records throughout the application's lifecycle in Northern Trust's software asset repository (SAM).
- Advises technology staff on the impact of systems enhancements to existing designs.
- Acts as primary point of contact for audit reviews/inquiries (e.g. SOC1, SOX, etc.).
- Reviews, negotiates, and maintains vendor contracts and make recommendations for purchasing outside services.
- Provides input and support to budget management process (capital and expense) and project planning.
Candidate must have:
- Proven experience of Microsoft technologies such as C#, .Net3.5 and above, Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, T/SQL.
- Proven experience of leading development or technology engineering teams or activities
- A College or University degree in Computer Science and/or relevant proven work experience is required
- Development xposure to Kofax or other OCR technologies.
- Some exposure to Websphere Message Queue (or Solace Message Routing) integration, Atlassian suite (JIRA, Bamboo, Sonar) development technologies.
- Fluent written & verbal English.
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
- Experience of analysis, documentation and implementation of critical business solutions, utilising many technologies, over tight business defined time-scales, using common software development life cycle methodologies is required.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle
- Self-starter and works effectively with minimal direction
- The ability to work successfully as part of a team and independently is required.
- Ability to work with business unit stakeholders (most often the application business owner) to obtain information that will support the management of the application.
- Investment management technologies experience would be an advantage.
- A proactive and self-motivated attitude is a vital part of this role, as is flexible approach to work hours
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of September 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $132 billion in banking assets