Canada Life International offers a variety of international solutions which are designed to grow your savings and investments. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Having been established for 30 years, CLI remains one of the leading international providers. Our combined assets under administration is £17.2bn (as at 30 Sep 2019). Canada Life International Limited is the only international company to have received a 5 Star AKG rating for seventeen consecutive years.
Canada Life International is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and estate planning, offering international investment and saving propositions, and providing protection solutions to customers
To accurately record and execute dealing instructions on behalf of CLI policyholders in line with Company service standards and the CLI Investment Governance Regulations.
- To accurately raise all trades as instructed by the fund advisor/client ensuring that the transactions are permissible and do not create unapproved overdrawn positions on Policy cash accounts to ensure that our records give a true account at all time
- To place all external trades in line with the appropriate market guidelines and timeframes, Company service standards and FCA and internal governance regulations.
- To assist the Team Leader in the delivery of cross training within the team and the wider business
- To accurately raise and follow procedures to arrange the timely transfer of assets between CLI/CLII and CLIA and the appropriate counterparties in order to facilitate share premiums, surrenders in-specie and transfers to, from and between nominees.
- To ensure that share transfers are accurately reflected on our systems at all stages of the process to ensure accurate reporting.
- The opening of Nominee Custodian sub accounts and associated account opening queries including the initial dealing purchase of the nominee account and the A1 status flag
- To act as a form owner for the team, ensuring the timely distribution and update of the appropriates forms within the agreed service standards
- To provide reasonable assurance to management that internal controls are operating effectively, in line with Internal & External regulatory requirements.
- To take responsibility for the resolution of client queries including callbox within agreed timescales
- To record errors for further analysis to prevent reoccurrence
- To follow documented procedures and recommend changes where necessary to ensure ongoing improvement within the department
- To ensure that outstanding reconciliation items are investigated and cleared within agreed timescales.
- To ensure that all complaints are investigated and full resolution prepared to an agreed quality within agreed timescales
- To assist with the collection of the quarterly DFM and platform prices ensuring that any differences outside the agreed tolerance are fully investigated and resolved within the approved timescales
- To assist with company and department projects when required ensuring that internal project governance is adhered to
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and a positive approach to their working performance
- Be open and able to adapt to change
- Articulate and possess excellent communication skills
- Strong team player who is able to work with limited supervision
- Confident self- starter
- Takes a logical and organised approach to problem solving
- Has the desire to develop a career within a customer centric environment.
- Has a strong attention to detail and enjoys delivering quality outcomes
- Experience within a life assurance environment would be an advantage
- Minimum 5 A* - C / 9 – 4 Grade GCSEs (including English and Math) or equivalent – essential
- Study towards attainment of IOC is desirable but not mandatory
What you’ll like about working here
As a Canada Life colleague, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You’ll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Our focus is to have an engaged, committed and motivated work force, operating in a high performing and collaborative culture. We want to create an organisation that offers opportunities for all our people to develop their skills and talent, and build rewarding careers with us.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences