Canada Life International offers a variety of international solutions which are designed to grow your savings and investments. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Having been established for 30 years, CLI remains one of the leading international providers. Our combined assets under administration is £17.2bn (as at 30 Sep 2019). Canada Life International Limited is the only international company to have received a 5 Star AKG rating for seventeen consecutive years.
Canada Life International is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and estate planning, offering international investment and saving propositions, and providing protection solutions to customers
What we're building
We now need a Investment Specialist to support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the Customer Servcies function, so it can stand out for the experience and service we deliver by building on our service reputation, and delivering market-leading service excellence for our customers and advisers
- Responsible for controls oversight and sampling, suggesting new controls or improvements to existing controls where necessary
- Responsible for process effectiveness and reviews/improvements.
- Act as SME in terms of complex case resolution including complaints or escalations where necessary
- Represent and lead for Investment Operations in projects or initiatives as required
- Be responsible for the prioritisation and delivery of Tactical Initiatives
- Provide expert training and coaching to colleagues when required
- Proactively prioritise work to ensure issues and risks are addressed in order of criticality and in a timely manner and improvement effort provide a return on investment
- Have oversight of investment risks events, ensuring closure in a timely manner with appropriate remedial actions to avoid repeat instances
- Work closely with the Investment Team Leaders to ultimately improve the service offering
- Act in line with the company’s values, policies and code of conduct, ensuring that conduct is appropriate at all times
- Ensure that we put the customer at the heart of everything we do in line with our Company values.
- Act as Investments SME supporting the business readiness for the simplified platform programm
What you'll do
- Act as an SME for the Manager and Team Leaders within Investments to solve complex issues or to deliver expert training to colleagues. Act as an escalation point on complaints or high profile cases to ensure the best outcomes in a timely manner.
- Strive towards better solutions for our customers by reviewing and improving processes and documentation. Take accountability of regular reviews and ensure documentation remains current. Use complaints and risk event feedback and data to identify process weaknesses requiring review/improvement.
- Have oversight of the risk events within Investments and lead in taking the necessary actions to mitigate those risks where possible. Have an oversight of the controls within Back office and review and test these regularly to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Achieve excellence by being a champion for change; constructively challenge current practices by working with Team Leaders and Team Members, to identify process improvement opportunities. Oversee the delivery of improvements via Tactical Initiatives based on agreed priorities.
- Represent investments on projects within the project portfolio and for small initiatives to ensure positive outcomes and minimal impact of any planned change activity to protect the ongoing capability of Investments.
Who you are
- Significant experience of Investments and the International Life Office industry
- Demonstrable experience of continuous process improvement knowledge and application to an organisation.
- Proven ability to execute for results.
- Extensive problem resolution skills.
- Communicates effectively
- Analytical – proven ability to use, interpret and develop meaningful data on which decisions can be made.
- Proven ability to be flexible and swiftly adapt to changing organisational requirements.
- Proficient in MS Office (including Excel).
- Understands and meets the needs of the customer
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- “Can Do”, proactive attitude
- Diligent and conscientious in the accuracy of their work, excellent attention to detail Ability to operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment and able to work under pressure
- Ability to solve complex problems quickly and decisively
- Minimum 5 A* - C / 9 – 4 Grade GCSEs (including English and Maths) or equivalent
What you’ll like about working here
As a Canada Life colleague, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You’ll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Our focus is to have an engaged, committed and motivated work force, operating in a high performing and collaborative culture. We want to create an organisation that offers opportunities for all our people to develop their skills and talent, and build rewarding careers with us.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences