Senior Software Automation Engineer
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
We are looking for highly motivated self-starters to join our engineering team to contribute to the building of our ultra-low latency, high volume, reliable next generation trading platform. A deep passion for technology, software, and hardware development along with a pragmatic approach to technology solutions is required. Key Aspects of the Role:
• Take full responsibility for the test life-cycle
• Evaluate system functionality, create and implement test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
• Integrate with deployment infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
• Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports
• Design and implement performance (load, stability, latency, throughput etc.) test.
• Simulate and validate system behavior under different failure scenarios. Skills & Qualifications:
• 2+ years of experience as an automation engineer with deep understanding of performance testing and issues
• Experience with at least one modern programming language such as Python, Ruby, C++, Java etc.
• Experience with scripting languages like perl, bash, shell
• Experience with Cucumber - Big Advantage
• Experience developing in a Linux environment (Must) and in utilizing virtual machines
• Experience with Continuous integration, using Jenkins or similar
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
• Experience with system and network performance analysis to identify system/application performance issues and bottlenecks, provide Root Cause Analysis
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results
• Expert in software quality and testing methodologies