Banking Capital Markets & Advisory, Intern Analyst, Milan (Europe)
You're the brains behind our work.
You're ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it's honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can't come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi's Banking Capital Markets & Advisory (BCMA) is looking for Intern Analysts to join the Global Securitized Product (GSP) team in Milan in November 2020.
Bankers in BCMA are focused on capital markets deals with Citi clients. The GSP team is focused on executing securitisation and advisory roles across multiple asset classes (e.g. Residential Mortgages, SME Loans, Consumer Loans, Auto Loans and Leases, Leveraged Loans, Credit Cards). Your time here will look something like this...
• Working with and organising large data bases
• Modelling expected loss and asset values
• Putting together presentations for clients
• Understanding tranching levels with rating agencies
Skills to be developed:
• Opportunity to develop specific knowledge of complex securitization structures
• Ability to develop credit knowledge and execute transactions around multiple asset classes, including Residential Mortgages, Auto Loans, Project Finance, Consumer Unsecured Loans, SME
• Ability to develop modelling skills in excel and analyse large data tapes
• Strong organisational skills (i.e. ability to multi-task)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self motivated We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We're committed to teaching you the ropes. During the 6 months internship, you will be placed with the GSP team to work with for the duration of the Program. Top-performing Intern Analysts will return to Citi after graduation to work as a full-time Analyst. We want to hear from you if...
You have relevant professional experience from previous internship(s) (preferably abroad)You have advanced skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word You are fluent in English both written and oral (working language). Good level in French is recommended and additional languages beneficial but not essential You have very good knowledge of Corporate Finance and Financial MarketsYou are currently enrolled in a University that can provide an internship agreementYou have a strong academic background in Finance or AccountingYou are available to start on January 2021 Who we think will be a great fit...
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We'll also be looking for the following:
* Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn and success in team environments
* Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape is a plus, but not required
* Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
* Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
* Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical and decision-making
* Interest in business
We recruit for 6-month internships from January to June and July to December. We therefore encourage early applications.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary
Before you apply have you visited our ' Career Inspiration Page'? Head over to learn more about life at Citi, ask a question or get handy tips from the previous Q&A
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer