Compliance Advisory Associate
- Not Specified
- Milan, Lombardia, Italy Milan Lombardia IT
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Business Unit Overview:
Blackrock’s Compliance Department protects BlackRock’s reputation and provides client focused advice. It understands challenges and advises on the impact of regulation in our business, with the objective of:
- Actively participating in business decisions to champion our clients’ interests and assist the business to translate Compliance into their daily work
- Have client interests at the centre of everything we do
- Cultivate and enhance the compliance culture within BlackRock
- Provide thought leadership on the impact and implementation of regulation
- Developing and fostering excellence within the Compliance team
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Associate to join our Compliance team in Italy, which forms part of our EMEA Regional Compliance Department. This position will complement the current team which is working closely with the wider Compliance teams in EMEA. In Italy, BlackRock currently operates via an Italian branch of a UK Legal entity regulated as an investment firm and carrying out marketing and distribution activities.
In the role, the candidate will help provide professional compliance advice and oversight to the various business divisions within Italy which consist of Institutional Client Business, ETF and Index Investing, Retail and Financial Market Advisory (“FMA”).
Responsibilities of the candidate will include: exercising oversight over the Italian compliance program & framework, work with the EMEA Compliance teams in implementation processes of EU rules and legislation into local policies & procedures, being involved in developing business strategies and sales/distribution activities. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to oversee advertising and marketing campaigns as a product subject matter expert in partnership with our Marketing Compliance team.
Our ideal candidate will have at least five years relevant experience within a leading professional service firm or as compliance professional at an investment/fund manager and will have gained expertise in Italian financial supervisory regime as well as EU rules such as the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive and related regulations including practical translation into internal framework and policies.
The successful candidate will exhibit strong partnership and relationship management skills. The strength of character to offer healthy challenge will be essential, as will be the ability to engage successfully with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
A highly-motivated self-starter, the successful candidate will demonstrate sound judgment, excellent technical and regulatory knowledge, strong team ethic, combined with high energy, enthusiasm, resilience, tenacity and diplomacy.
The successful candidate will report to the Italian Head Legal & Compliance Officer and the Head of ex-UK Europe Compliance, and will support the delivery of the evolving compliance oversight program in Italy.
This represents a fantastic opportunity to join BlackRock’s Compliance team at an exciting time in the continued development of the Italian business and our broader EMEA regional compliance strategy.
- Making a strong contribution to the team’s provision of Compliance advisory support and oversight for Italy business lines
- Providing advisory support in relation to Italian regulatory framework, taking into account EU rules and legislation
- Drafting policy and process documents and keep existing documentation up to date
- Supporting overall BlackRock Italy Branch oversight responsibilities and Italy’s policies framework oversight.
- Advising business on regulatory requirements and changes
- Contribution to the creation of management reporting and communication on Compliance matters to senior management and BlackRock business stakeholders
- Providing advice on the anticipation, impact assessment and response to regulatory development
- Assisting in responding to regulatory requests from the Italian regulators
- Leading participation in Compliance or business-driven projects, including regulatory developments and strategic initiatives, by providing expert and timely value-added advice
- Designing and delivering effective regulatory training initiatives to the business
- Overseeing advertising and marketing campaigns
- Reviewing and approving financial promotions for Italian business lines
Knowledge / Experience
- University or equivalent qualification; with an expertise in finance/asset management/financial markets law, having a legal background is a plus
- At least 5 years experience within an asset management or financial services environment, preferably in a control function
- Good knowledge and awareness of current regulatory landscape in Italy and Europe, in particular MIFID and UCITS regulations.
- Demonstrable ability to influence a highly-performing internal client base by delivering timely, credible, accurate and value-added advice
- Effective written and oral communication skills including fluency in Italian and English; other languages are a plus
- High standard of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Very good analytical skills
- Pragmatism and ability to use initiative
- Ability to prioritise workloads and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Enthusiasm for learning and professional development
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The strength of character to offer healthy challenge
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.an>