Financial and Credit Risk Specialist
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies
Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our Group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on our existing base of 50 million retail clients, out of an overall total of 72 million
The unit Financial & Credit Risk Asset Loss Modelling and Operations is in charge of ensuring the development and maintenance of the Group’s Asset Loss Modelling methodology and calculation processes for the Group’s Solvency Risk Capital calculations. Additionally, the unit provides support for the associated Profit and Loss Attribution exercises and ex-post capital add-on exercises. The unit is also involved in providing support for general pricing exercises through scenario generation both for internal and external consumptionThe successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Maintain and develop the methodology, tools and fitting processes of asset proxy functions as well as ensuring the appropriate monitoring of results stemming from the use of the proxy functions.
- Support other Head Office departments in the Profit and Loss Attribution exercises as well as ex-post capital add-on exercises.
- Support the Group undertakings in ensuring the Local Suitability of the existing Credit and Financial proxy functions.
- Support the Group undertakings in the right proxy function modelling of the existing Credit and Financial risks within their business process.
- Ensure the proper deployment of all the standards and requests posed by the Data Quality and Validation processes.
- Ensure the correct propagation of the asset proxy function calibration across all the Group Risk Capital Calculation process.
- Provide support for other Group functions to accurately assess losses in other adhoc exercises, including but not limited to scenario generation, proxy function fitting, loss evaluation and reporting.
- Proven quantitative skills, particularly in loss modelling techniques (regression techniques and general asset pricing).
- Proven programming skills (such as SQL, C#, Java, R, Python or equivalents)
- Fluent in Italian and English (written and spoken)
- Advanced use of MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- 5-7 years of work experience in the financial /insurance industry
Nice to have
- Experience in Moody’s RiskIntegrity Proxy Generator Tool.
- Project management skills
- Experience in executive reporting
- Knowledge of additional foreign languages (e.g. Spanish, French, German)
- Work experience in more than one country
- Previous experience in predictive / data analytics.
- Strong interpersonal skills and open mind-set
- Good communication skills
- Self-organization skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Experience with international working environment
- Solution oriented