Senior Risk Expert
The Group Risk Operating Framework (ROF) team is part of the Group Enterprise Risk Management team which reports directly to the Group CRO. Its main mission is to ensure that the risk management framework is operating effectively across Generali organization, more precisely to ensure that:
The Group Risk Operating Framework (ROF) team is part of the Group Enterprise Risk Management team which reports directly to the Group CRO.
Its main mission is to ensure that the risk management framework is operating effectively across Generali organization, more precisely to ensure that:
• Risks are well identified across the Group using consistent methodologies
• Risks are timely reported and with sufficient relevance to ensure decision-making
• Risks are taken at an operational level in compliance with our risk appetite
• Risk mitigating measures are in place for risks falling outside our risk appetite
• Generali complies with external requirements on risk reporting (ORSA, GSII, Annual Report, etc.)
As part of this mission, the ROF team:
• Is driving the ORSA process for the Group, as well as the GSII activities
• Is responsible for setting the methodological framework of the risk appetite
• Is supporting the local entities in implementing the risk management framework
• Is controlling the adherence of the Group and entities to the risk limits
• Is supporting Group initiatives aiming at optimizing the risk-return trade-off.
A pre-requisite to an effective Risk Appetite framework is a robust Risk Reporting process thereby Key Risk Indicators are produced and reported on a regular basis to the different decision-making bodies and committees at both Group and local levels. A methodological framework must also be defined in order to define a set of solvency and operative risk limits which is consistent with Generali Risk Appetite.
In order to strengthen its Risk Operating Framework capabilities, the ROF team is looking for a Senior Risk Expert which main missions will be:
• To develop/improve methodologies for risks control
• To streamline, standardize and automate the production of Risk Reports
• To support capital/investment/hedging/strategic decision processes
• To perform other technical analysis in support of Risk Controlling and GSII activities.
His / her main missions will be:
• To identify Key Risk Indicators to be reported at both local and Group level
• To coordinate with the different KRIs owners the reporting of these indicators
• To develop reporting templates and automate their productions
• To support the production at Group level of regular and ad-hoc reports
• To provide technical support to the Risk Appetite, Risk Controlling and GSII activities.
• Between 4 and 8 years of experience in risk management, actuarial, investment or ALM function
• Have a Master Degree in mathematics, physics, economics, actuarial, finance or investments disciplines
• Deep understanding of Solvency II regulation and Economic Capital (Standard Formula is a plus)
• Quantitative background in finance
• Knowledge/expertise in liquidity risk management for insurance business
• IT computation skills to develop macro and routine needed to automate reporting
• Be fluent in English both in writing and in speaking (any additional language is a plus)
Nice to have
• Master another language
PhD or CFA• Communication skills are essential for this role which is interfacing several functions
• Ability to manage complex processes, engaging both group and local structures
• Ability to collect information and re-organize and report them in an effective and organized way is of critical importance for this job