Tax Refund Associate, Associate
Who we are looking for With immediate effect we are looking for a 6 months fixed-term Tax Refund Associate for our Global Delivery Tax team in Milan.
Why this role is important to us The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for As Tax Refund Associate you will be
- ensuring the correctness of tax refund requests for custody clients
- managing tax refund and required supporting documentation (from/to State Street and clients)
- following up with SOL (Statute Of Limitation) refund items and ensure the submission in time
- liaising with other colleagues/teams and with clients
- following foreign markets tax legislation updates and maintaining job aids and checklists
What we value These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Approachable and supportive with high integrity
- Ability to work well with teams and individuals
- Strong attention to detail, patience and resilience
- Working effectively in a multi-cultural environment
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong client service skills along with the ability to develop excellent client relationships
- Good knowledge of tax matters relating to foreign markets
- Strong Excel and data manipulation skills
- Fluency in English, additional language skills beneficial
- Strong communications skills for collaboration with Fund Administration, other departments and clients
- Analytical skills with the ability to analyse a problem and obtain and evaluate information to reach sound conclusions
- Good organisational skills in order to meet deadlines and to keep well-documented records
About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers