Generali Italia is currently looking for a Data Scientist.
The Data Scientist is responsible for analysing data and implementing mathematical and statistical models within the main business areas, with the use of the latest methodologies currently used by other industries in the Big Data space (e.g. Machine Learning).
These activities require strong analytical skills, good knowledge of statistics and programming. Innovative and creative spirit for identifying additional value for the Generali Italia lobs is also an important asset. The Data Scientist will work in strong alignment both with Information Technology and the other different functions.
- Work closely with senior management to identify and solve relevant business issues
- Query databases to perform statistical analysis
- Create algorithms and simulation models using data analysis programming languages
- Use the outcomes of the analysis to derive actionable recommendations for the Business Units
- Develop best practices for data analysis
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Master’s degree in scientific disciplines (Statistics, Econometrics, Math, Physics, Mathematical/Electronic Engineering or related area)
- Fluent English
- Professional knowledge of data analysis programming languages (e.g. R, Python)
- Professional knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Strong understanding of Machine Learning and Bayesian Networks, including a very thorough knowledge of applied statistics in general
- Comfort manipulating and analysing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Big Data architectures (e.g. Hadoop)
- Knowledge of additional programming languages
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access
- PhD in scientific disciplines
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Creativity and innovative thinking
- Ability to work under pressure, manage workload and meet deadline
Deadline for applications is 20 November 2017.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept international applications.