Internship – Investments Business Analyst
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies. Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries,Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies.
Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our Group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on our existing base of 50 million retail clients, out of an overall total of 72 million.
Investment Asset and Wealth Management Business Unit handles the investments of Generali insurance companies worldwide.
Within the BU, the Group Investment Data Governance function is in charge of providing the GCIO and the Top Management of the Group with extensive reporting and analytical support on the Group investments. The function maintains an extensive database on all Group investments and performs investment controlling and planning activities.
The candidate will be part of the Investment Data Management unit supporting the other units of the function as well as the Group functions mainly within the areas CRO and CFO.
Within the Investment Data Management unit the candidate will be involved in the following activities:
- Support the team to implement guidelines in terms of Data Governance with the aim to organize data in a helpful way for the production of a structured reporting and data delivery to stakeholders
- Provide structured and qualitative reports focus on investment performance monitoring
- Support importing accounting data into Investment data-warehouse
- Check quality of data from Local Entities in IDW project
- Bachelor’s Degree or last-year Master in Economics or similar
- Basic knowledge of Local Gaap or IFRS Balance-sheet
- Basic knowledge of financial instruments reference data
- Analytical skills (Excel) are also a prerequisite
- Fluency in English is a requisite. Good knowledge of other languages would represent a plus
- Problem solving attitude
- Take over responsibility at a very early stage, flexibility
- Proactive and strong team working oriented