Aladdin Business, Implementation, Associate
- Not Specified
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan Tokyo Tokyo-to JP
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is a preeminent global firm, providing investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional and individual investors around the world. BlackRock Solutions (BRS) provides clients with access to the intellectual capital, risk analytics and investment platform used to support BlackRock's asset management business. By combining sophisticated risk analytics and investment systems with capital markets and business process expertise, BlackRock Solutions helps clients address a variety of risk management and investment process challenges. BlackRock Solutions’ Aladdin® platform is an operating system for investment managers that combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making, effective risk management, efficient trading and operational scale
The Aladdin Implementation Group is responsible for the installation and deployment of Aladdin at BlackRock Solutions clients. Aladdin implementations are high profile initiatives which require team members to have senior level exposure and play an active role in transforming client organizations; a typical Aladdin implementation is at least as much about processes and implementing change as it is about technology. We help clients achieve challenging strategic objectives which range from streamlining operations to integrating business lines to modernizing their overall investment process. BlackRock’s implementation model is unique in the sense that we take full responsibility for the client going live on our solution. It also means that we develop a true partnership with our clients that continues to grow post go live.
We are looking for a candidate to work as part of a global team that will coordinate and track the various project tasks to ensure the implementation is successful. This includes effectively managing the project plan, tracking key milestones and creating all required project reporting. During the implementation the candidate will gain a full understanding of the client business needs and design the desired investment workflow using Aladdin functionality.
- Liaise with the client's project manager and provide strong leadership for the Aladdin relationship
- Work directly with the client to create and administer the implementation project plan, as well as the coordination of resources across multiple functional areas
- Lead and document investment and operational workflow design sessions for various asset classes, including equities, fixed income and derivatives
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of Aladdin functionality and workflows to ensure clients take full advantage of the suite of Aladdin products and tools
- Lead and/or assist in project channels within the project, such as compliance, interface, Aladdin configuration, testing and user training
- Work closely with the client and Aladdin Product Managers to support client development needs
- Participate in Aladdin business development activities assisting in system validations and due diligence meetings with prospective clients
- 5-10 years’ work experience in the financial services industry. Familiarity with buy-side investment management process a plus
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to clients
- Forward-looking of the overall project to proactively identify milestones and dependencies, that ultimately lead to well planning of timeline, priorities and resources
- Ability and willingness to also act as subject matter expert to deliver the outcome in hands on approach
- Past experience in implementing financial management systems at external clients (portfolio/trading systems, risk platforms, operation tools) or in driving integration project as a team at Financial Industry a plus. With/at global firm is a further plus
- Familiarity with capital markets instruments (equities, fixed income, derivatives)
- Excellent creative, analytical and computer skills with an entrepreneurial approach to large, complex projects (SQL experience a plus)
- Outstanding academic achievement, CFA, CMA a plus
- Fluent in English and Japanese
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.