- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan Tokyo Tokyo-to JP
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley - Tokyo
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
Be the first full-time Android developer for an ambitious, fast-growing mobile app startup company.
- As an Android developer, participate in the planning, developing and deploying of Android apps, working with other engineers and project managers.
- Optimize IT standards, tools and processes.
- Act in a technical support role for clients on occasion.
- A strong command of Java and / or Kotlin, as well as knowledge and experience of HTTP and REST.
- Experience with the Android SDK, as well as familiarity with Google's Material Design Guidelines.
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese, or business level fluency in Japanese and English.
- Experience having independently developed an app on Google Play.
- Experience with startup companies.
- A good sense of design.
- Self-starter, motivated individual who excels in team environments.
About our client
This position is for a Japanese startup company developing an interesting and unique food recommendation / online payment service app. The company is international, with a mix of Japanese nationals and foreigners. They are dedicated in their mission to provide a secure, reliable and accessible service.
The current team of engineers consists of about twenty people, and is looking to increase this to thirty. As this relatively small startup company is looking to expand, this is a great opportunity for an engineering manager to let their individual talent shine through and make a truly meaningful impact.
The company prides itself on its casual and friendly atmosphere . No suits, or other formal wear are needed in the office. This is a company that values self-expression and efficiency more so than tradition, and the company's amazing growth shows that this innovation- focused approach has benefited it tremendously.
You will be the first full-time Android developer hired by this company, and as such this is a great opportunity for you to shape the course of the company in terms of how its Android development sector moves forward.
Morgan McKinley Asia Pac is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.