Asia Securities Financing and Derivatives Trader – Associate / VP
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan Tokyo Tokyo-to JP
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Mar 18 2018-03-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of v alues rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that ba lances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an i mportant part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Institutional Securities Group (ISG) is a remarkably broad and diversified business. We provide institutions with almost every kind of financial product and service across the world's major markets. Whether you're interested in planning complex deals; trading on the moment-to- moment movements of the capital markets; analysing the financial needs of a company or a wealthy family, Morgan Stanley is the place to be.
The successful candidate will join the BRM Securities Lending Trading Team, managing the risk and profitability of a designated trading book and taking ownership of supply-side relationships trading across multiple financing products. The team sits in a fast-paced trading environment with connectivity to clients and firm trading desks.
· Risk management, positioning and ongoing optimisation of the equity financing books
· Idea generation, positioning and risk management around corporate actions.
· Synthetic sourcing through delta one derivatives (TRS, SNO, SSF)
· Pricing new and existing business including overnight, term transactions and exclusive portfolios
· Managing and growing external lender relationships
· Providing expert commentary to both external and internal clients on a single name and sector-level.
· Daily P&L reconciliation/book management and maintenance
· Close interaction with related business units to maximise franchise value
· Building solid relationships with partner areas such as legal & compliance, risk, operations and technology.
Skills required (essential)
· Experience working within securities finance or a comparable trading environment.
· Experience in equity derivatives (ideal)
· Fluent in either Korea, Mandarin, Japanese (ideal)
· Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
· Attention to detail
· Must be an excellent team player with a strong work ethic
· Ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment
· Strong interpersonal/relationship-building skills
· An entrepreneurial and innovative approach and a risk-aware attitude
· Presentation skills and confidence in telephone, written and face-to-face interactions
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.