Asset Stewardship Analyst, State Street Global Advisors, Vice President
Who we are looking for
As a member of SSGA's Asset Stewardship team, the individual in this role will be responsible for managing activities associated with SSGA's asset stewardship activities in the Asia-Pac region and providing support to team members in other regions. The Asset Stewardship team is responsible for developing and implementing the firm's proxy voting and engagement guidelines, managing issuer engagement, and undertaking research and analysis of governance and sustainability related issues.
This role requires significant cross-organizational leadership and teamwork skills to: i)build relations with members of investment and client-facing teams across geographies, ii) present our views to clients and market participants, and iii) enhance SSGA's stewardship program through thought leadership. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Asset Stewardship Analyst, you will
- Engage with companies on topics ranging from long-term strategy and capital allocation to environmental, social (ES) and corporate governance-related matters
- Vote proxies at company shareholder meetings across global holdings
- Build and manage relations with key external and internal clients and consultant in the Asia-Pac region
- Develop and enhance SSGA's proxy voting policies, stewardship program and client presentations for the Asia-Pac region
- Oversee risks associated with SSGA's stewardship activities in the Asia-Pac region
- Represent SSGA at conferences and at industry association meetings/committees as a participant or speaker
- Assist in developing talent among junior team members
- Publish thought leadership articles on ES/corporate governance related matters
- Monitor and provide responses to developing ES/corporate governance -related regulation/legislation within the region
- Ensure that relevant matters are escalated to the head of corporate governance in a timely manner
- Commitment to client related activities including client interaction and reporting on stewardship and ESG matters
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- 5+years of experience in proxy voting and company engagement or relevant investment analysis
- Understanding of the interplay between business, strategy and ES/corporate governance factors; familiarity with the investment management business
- Proven ability to independently research and analyze an issue through multiple angles, identify viable alternatives, develop and communicate vote rationale and recommend solutions
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills to articulate complex concepts and issues in a compelling, persuasive, fact-based manner
- Background in working cross-functionally/ geographically and building relationships with investment, sales, operations, marketing and product teams
- Willingness to collaborate with members of the team to achieve group performance targets
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in Finance, Economics or similar field
- MBA or CFA or equivalent Master's degree preferred
About State Street What we do.
- Highly developed team player, within a multi-cultural environment
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Self-starter, motivated and driven to succeed
- Sensitive to complexities within a global business
- Results oriented
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers