- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan Tokyo Tokyo-to JP
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
This position is in the APAC Corporate Audit team to be based in Japan. The role will be responsible for providing audit coverage to Global Markets businesses in Japan.
- Plan and Execute audits pertaining to Global Markets (GM) businesses (Equities, Fixed income, Currencies, Credit) in Japan and the region along with his /her colleagues.
- Leading and participating in individual risk-based audits and reviews, including planning, process mapping, fieldwork and reporting
- Providing day to day coaching and guidance to junior teammates.
- Proactively implementing audit strategy for the sound application of risk based practices by defining audit scope, audit program, and review and test procedures in area of responsibility.
- Contributing to and participating in various key control related functions and forums including regular control and new product committees
- Lead analysis of control deficiencies as well as expansion and refinement of documentation for more complex control deficiencies, recommend appropriate audit rating, and validate for issue closure.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and supports change. Oversees audit testing to ensure timely execution within quality standards and conformance to audit policies and procedures.
- Assesses issues for impact to business processes (Global Markets businesses and the relevant control functions), controls and strategies, recommends severity ratings and escalation of broad themes or trends.
- Manages business partner relationships when conducting specific audits; primary engagement is with line management. Build and effectively manage local management and regulatory relationships as well as take ownership and responsibility for local / regional audit related activities and governance, in conjunction with senior management within Audit
- Exercises judgment and critical thinking to influence business partners to drive business actions and influence management on sufficiency of corrective action.
- Coordinate timely and accurate regulatory submissions (pertaining to audit) in conjunction with the various Line of Business/ Country /Regional audit teams.
- Typically acts as Auditor-in-Charge (AIC) and/or key team member. When leading an audit engagement, is responsible for day to day coaching, mentoring, and performance feedback. Fosters an inclusive work environment.
- Drafts quality and timely audit reports and shares results with business leaders.
- Education to Bachelor Degree level as a minimum. Advanced degree / qualification in accounting / auditing strongly preferred.
- 10 - 15 years working in an Audit / Risk Management or control function role. Specialization in Global Markets businesses would be a strong advantage.
- Excellent communication and strong analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of Global Markets businesses and local and extra-territorial regulatory requirements
- Fluent in English and native Japanese to communicate effectively with both stakeholders and regulators.
- Ability to build and effectively manage local management and regulatory relationships as well as take ownership and responsibility for local audit related activities and governance related matters.
Posting Date: 04/07/2018
1-4-1 NIHONBASHI CHUO-KU - NIHONBASHI 1-CHOME BLDG
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 36.25