Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Client Service Management (CSM) contributes to Wellington Management's mission by delivering first class client service to both institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors. The Client Analyst will work closely with Client Service Managers and be accountable for coordinating client related activities within our Client Service Group (CSG), as well
as other Wellington line functions to ensure that we successfully deliver on the agreed upon operating and reporting requirements of each of our client organizations. Responsibility begins with the management of the on-boarding process for new clients and extends throughout the lifecycle of the client relationship. The oversight and coordination
responsibilities of CSM will include but are not limited to: account opening, IMA/guideline negotiation, benchmark identification, client reporting requirements, RFP/RFI coordination, transition management, cash flow process, and direct client interface on all logistical and servicing related items. To accomplish these responsibilities, the Client Analyst is expected to work internally with other functions - Portfolio Management, Portfolio Services, Investment Services, Trading, Legal and Compliance, Product Management, Fund Services and other areas within CSG to ensure the client's requirements are being met. Importantly, the Client Analyst is also responsible for ensuring collaboration with the Relationship Mangers and the Relationship Analysts in Global Relationship Group who are well informed of service topics that may have significant impact on the client relationship. The Client Analyst will be introduced tomclients with the Client Service Manager at the inception of a client relationship and work in concert with Global Relationship Group and client on an ongoing basis. The Client Analyst is expected to be each client's primary point person with the Client Service Manager for servicing, operational and reporting requirements and ad hoc inquiries that fall in CSG's scope. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities for this position will include the following:
- Work closely with Client Service Managers in support of a number of assigned relationships from client service stand point
- Respond to day to day client directed questions including ad-hoc service and operational inquiries mainly over emails and phones
- Direct interaction with clients, conduct analysis, initiate research, and respond to inquiries on a wide range of topics, often under significant time pressure
- Collaborate colleagues across the firm (both Tokyo and outside of Tokyo), identifying internal experts to respond to client issues in a timely manner, to evolve our client service infrastructure to minimize risk and ensure that we meet the client expectations
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 3-5 years professional experience. Asset management and capital market experience would be preferred, but not mandatory.
- Demonstrated strong interest in and passion for the asset management business
- Previous or direct experience supporting client relationship is preferred, but not mandatory
- Strong oral and written skill in both English and Japanese. For Japanese, native or close-to-native level is required to handle complicated issues with client.
- A college degree with a strong academic record; progress towards or completion of the CFA is a plus but not mandatory.
- Proven organizational and time/priority/project management skills
- Ability to work well under strong pressure
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Curiosity, a capacity for differentiated thinking and perspective and a growth mindset
- Ability to express oneself in both individual and group settings
- Ability to take risk and try new things.
Client Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to r ace, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .