Client Consultant - Tokyo
• MSCI Analytics consultants are responsible for maintaining and growing existing client relationships for all Analytics and Risk Management products. Consultants are assigned clients within a given sales team territory, and work hand in glove with the sales team to achieve common commercial and client relationship/servicing objectives.
• The consultant pro-actively manages the client relationship and ensures a high level of client experience and satisfaction. The objective is to ensure the client fully benefits from their subscription, which is achieved by developing a high-level understanding of the client needs and creating value as a Trusted Advisor. The consultant ensures the client maximizes the value of the products they have subscribed to and identify additional products that could further benefit the client in their investment and risk management process.
• This role is a highly visible one, with involvement in all aspects of an account including senior level relationship management, product demonstrations, users training and education, and client experience enhancing activities such as presenting at client workshops, seminars, and webinars. In this role, individuals will work very closely with sales, global client service, marketing, research and product management. Scope of Responsibility
Total relationship management involving:
• Improving the year on year retention rate by ensuring a high level of client experience and satisfaction
• Detailed account planning, including engagement with all levels of client organization
• Responsible for delivering client education and product training
• Be a subject matter expert on all aspects of our products and methodologies, and be able to answer detailed client inquiries
• Become a Trusted Advisor by applying both product and client expertise to pro-actively identify solutions/product usage that create value for the client - hence contributing directly to up-selling and cross-selling opportunities
• Provide thought-leadership by sharing best practices within the client community, and leading workshops and seminars
• Keeping abreast of latest industry trends, client needs, and product development roadmap. Working with other teams (Marketing, Sales, Research, and Product Development) to ensure company is delivering relevant products
• Extensive visit to client sites Specific Knowledge/Skills
• Strong team skills and emotional maturity, with proven ability for independent work and self-teaching
• Fluency in Japanese and English
• Time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
• Superior communication skill both internally and externally to lead projects
• Strong understanding of the global equity and fixed income markets, including over-the-counter securities and derivatives and exotic securities
• Thorough understanding of the investment industry in Japan, including pension funds, asset management companies and and broker/dealers
• Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges Desired Experience
• Strong analytic and quantitative skills. We expect this individual to have 3 - 7 years in a similar role (at a pension investment advisor/consultant, as a portfolio manager, or in quantitative research/trading), and to have a deep and thorough understanding of risk models, optimization techniques, and performance attribution. Desired Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree with an engineering/mathematical background. Ideally MBA, or Masters Degree in a quantitative science.
• Professional qualifications ideally CFA or CMA charter holder
• Familiarity with programming languages such as VBA, Python, .NET or Java would be a plus
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis. To all recruitment agencies
: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.