Charles River Development (CRD) is a rapidly growing and profitable financial software and services firm whose customers include the world's top investment management, wealth management, banking and insurance firms. The Client Manager position establishes long-term relationships with our customers through continuous review and improvement of customer's use of CRD products and services. General Requirements
Role and Responsibilities
- Minimum of 5 years of Financial / Software Services industry background with financial market information systems preferred.
- Bachelors Degree from a leading university or college in Business Management, Economics, Finance, Computer Science or the like.
- Front Office and instrument type knowledge across equities, fixed income, derivatives, FX etc
- Demonstrated ability to client face at a high level using a hands-on approach.
- Understanding of multi-tier technical architectures and relational database structures. Familiarity with SQL, FIX, Crystal Reports, messaging and web services a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to meet self-imposed deadlines with proactive account management skills, and a track record of balancing the demands of multiple client accounts.
- Have an established successful Client Management track record.
- Fostered relationships with Head Traders, Portfolio Managers, C-level Management in major and medium sized corporations.
- Negotiated resolutions to difficult relationship issues to the advantage of both customers and employers.
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Must be fluent in Japanese at a business level and be comfortable dealing with people of all levels.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to differentiate and work at strategic and tactical levels simultaneously.
Reporting to the Manager of Client Management, Asia Pacific, this role involves enhancing CRD's long-term relationships with our customers through continuous review and improvement of customers' use of CRD products and services. Review and improvement includes pro-active communications, internal advocacy and on-going solicitation of feedback regarding our products and services.
The role is based in our Tokyo office and will involve taking responsibility for the ongoing relationship with many of the world's most significant investment management, banking and insurance companies that are existing clients of Charles River.
The Client Manager will not only be expected to build and maintain an excellent relationship with each client, but also take responsibility for country initiatives to enhance the reputation of the product in the Japan market in particular.
- Developing and implementing mechanisms for:
- Pro-active, out bound communications to existing customers
- Solicitation of feedback from customers on CRD's products and services
- Semi-annual third-party customer satisfaction surveys
- Establishing personal contact with Charles River customers at Project Sponsor/Executive levels (in conjunction with Manager of RM)
- The incumbent and his team will be responsible for Clients in Japan including those hosted and using Charles River Managed Services.
- Becoming versed in configuration and tuning of CRD's software solutions for Portfolio Management, Execution, Compliance, Post Trade, Data and Performance.
- Managing interfaces between this function and Implementation Managers, Technical Support, and Product Management.
- Refining mechanisms to track all aspects of a customer's relationship within CRD and leveraging them to enhance and better forecast the customer relationship.
- Serve as liaison to Support and Product Management to identify, validate and prioritise product enhancements for the Japan region.
- Primary driver of product upgrades and initially working through the upgrade process with clients to ensure they understand best practices and the range of engagement models.
- Co-ordinate and advise on regional client conferences.