Client Reporting Lead, Officer
Who we are looking for
This is a first line manager role for the Trust Report team of Operations. This role will initially manage a team of around 5-10 employees. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Client Reporting Lead you will
- Create and audit Trust related reports and data (i.e. Trust Report, B/S, P/L, Syntax, Xnet and etc)
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal & external clients
- Cultivate a culture of collaboration within the team and across the business
- Drive the implementation and adoption of new technology
- Support the optimization of the operating model and capacity creation
- Maintain managerial oversight of all operations within your team
- Ensure all teams are properly resourced to deliver high quality service
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific projects (new business development review, planning & roll out)
- Monitor adherence with the corporate compliance and risk management policies and controls within the teams;
- Conduct performance planning and reviews for direct staff members
- Own all aspects of resource planning including succession planning, staff development and staff retention initiatives; promote cross training, resource sharing and job rotation across teams/departments; participate in the recruitment process
- Manage direct expenses including but not limited to overtime, headcount, leave management, stationery expenses and claims
- Active participation in forums across the business such as Town Halls, FLM forum, working groups, global inclusion committees
- Constantly review the risks applicable to your area and ensure these are adequately mitigated through controls and BCP strategy
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum 6 year solid experience in financial services, fund accounting and/or a back-office operations environment
- Good leadership, negotiation and analytical skills, proven track record of efficiency creation, proven track record of staff development
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor degree or above
- Ability to communicate and negotiate in both English & Japanese, both verbally and in writing, fluently and effectively
- Certificate of bookkeeping grade 1 or equivalent skill
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers