Client Services Writer - Chinese RFP Writer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Client Reporting Services, Japan within the Investech APAC Group has an open position for a Writer based out of the Tokyo office supporting the Questionnaires Team. The Writer will report to the Manager, Questionnaires team and will be primarily focused on responding to the questionnaires coming out of Asia ex Japan and Japan clients.
The submittal of well-written questionnaires is often a critical step in the institutional sales and client reporting processes. To that end, the dedicated Questionnaire Team within Client Reporting Services is responsible for the development of RFPs (Requests for Proposals), RFIs (Requests for Information), DDQs (Due Diligence Questionnaires), and other ad hoc questionnaires/deliverables that 1) assist in the procurement of new business; 2) meet the complex reporting requirements of current clients; and 3) accurately, clearly, and articulately describe the firm and its investment solutions.
- Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Writing, coordinating, editing, and proofreading questionnaires, working with subject matter experts across the firm, including cross-team collaboration working with the client-facing teams and product reporting teams.
- Developing an expertise in an assigned suite or suites of approaches to effectively craft and enhance responses
- Partnering with Investment Products & Fund Strategies to create, edit, and refine product-related questionnaires content; this includes, but may not be limited to, developing original content for new product text as well as proposing modifications to current product text
- Maintaining up-to-date product content in Qvidian (internal content library)
- Maintaining up-to-date translation in Trados (internal translation application)
- Peer reviewing questionnaires and other deliverables completed by the team as needed to ensure response accuracy, data reasonability, etc.
- Willingness to absorb overflow questionnaires and other work during peak periods
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Strong academic credentials and 3 - 5 years of relevant RFP/writing experience in the investment industry
- Candidates should demonstrate a high level of capital markets/investment/product knowledge. An MBA or CFA, or progress toward these qualifications, is a plus
- Excellent investment writing, quantitative, and communication skills both in English and Chinese, as well as strong attention to detail
- The individual must be an independent self-starter, a team player, and able to work on multiple assignments and complete high-quality work against strict and competing deadlines that are dictated by prospects, consultants, and clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; familiarity with Qvidian will be viewed favorably.
- A positive, collegial attitude and a high level of professionalism are essential.
- Working well under pressure of strict deadlines and have the ability to multi-task, problem solve, and quickly adapt to evolving processes
Client Services Writer - Chinese RFP Writer LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .