Developer - Java
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan Tokyo Tokyo-to JP
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 May 18 2018-05-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses?and to our own.
We are seeking a senior software developer (with 5+ years? experience) to join Morgan Stanley to assist with building solutions and providing services to our Institutional Securities, Electronic Trading System Technology team. The ideal candidate has: strong Java, experience in large scale real-time systems, deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms, problem solving skills, and good communication skills. The candidate will be responsible for taking part in various stages of the delivery and software development process including activities like analysis, design, implementation, testing, and deployment of strategic and tactical solutions for execution strategies, improving scalability, performance and efficiency of the strategies.
The role may also involve extensive interaction with business users, operations or support teams, therefore the ability to communicate clearly and concisely is essential. As a developer the candidate will be expected to code and deliver software as their primary responsibility. Previous financial experience is a plus; and we do expect the candidate will demonstrate significant interest in Investment Banking.
- Strong Java skills with 5+ years of experience writing production code
- Core Java knowledge - Spring Framework, Patterns, Collections, Garbage Collection
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux and networking
- Proficiency with Enterprise level database (ex. Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2) and SQL
- Experience building real time applications in Multithreading for a Unix/Linux platform
- Knowledge and experience on agile software development practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing client-server, distributed, real-time, performance-critical, highly available, or large-scale systems
- Experience in either IntelliJ or Eclipse IDE
- Unit testing and unit testing frameworks
- Ability to speak Japanese would be big plus but not a mandatory skill for the role.
- Experience with Java 8, XML and protocol buffers
- Experience working with Source Code Management solutions (ex. Git, Perforce, CVS)
- Having exposure to C#, Shell, Perl, and Python is a plus.
- Computer science fundamentals (client/server, multi-threading, memory management)
- Unix basics (file systems, E-macs, shell scripts)
- Strong interest in the financial business (albeit no prior knowledge is required)
- Knowledge of financial technologies (e.g. FIX, FpML, Swift protocol) and business applications
- Experience in low latency
- Problem solving/Mathematical/Analytical
- Version control, preferably with Perforce or Git