Electronic Trading Applications Support
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan Tokyo Tokyo-to JP
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
See job description for details
Production level 2 support role in Equity Sales & Trading supporting DMA, Programs, Low latency and Core trading. The team is responsible for ensuring the stability of these business critical client and server-based application processes and their associated infrastructure.
The team performs the following tasks:
- Proactive & reactive real-time monitoring of processes, connections & trade flows
- Investigation of user queries via log file and process interaction, e.g. session drops, order issues, flow breaks, booking issues.
- Managing incidents by running conference calls, working closely with development teams, notifying the business and or compliance, tracking the failures and following up post event.
- Escalating problems to core development and engineering groups in a timely manner.
- Proactive & reactive ready-for-business checks
- Liaison with the operation?s department and controllers where appropriate.
- Identify and build tools / scripts to aid in day to day tasks
- Work as a global team by following the sun support, standardizing documentation / tools and knowledge sharing.
- Between 2 - 5 years of experience
- A highly motivated, self starter who is happy working for demanding clients
with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a professional ownership of issues
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to clearly present technology to a non technical audience
- Understanding of Equity Cash products
- Good understanding of Unix
- Good understanding of relational databases and SQL syntax. (Sybase database experience an advantage)
- Scripting skills eg perl, cgi, ksh, python
- Computer Science Degree (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of the FIX protocol
- Familiarity with ITIL service management frameworks
- Familiarity with IT infrastructure ? networks, storage, unix system administration etc.
- Prior application support experience / trade floor exposure
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel